Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Sonny, does RCCL really allow smoking in cabins? Are they certain cabins? Should we have asked for a smoke-free room? We're going on the Explorer.
Thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 AM

I didn't really think they allowed it, but someone in this group said they did. Some people don't care what the rules are, so I'm sure there are occasions when a cabin is smoked in. I never noticed any smoke odor like you would find in a hotel room. If people would smoke in the bathroom there would be no problem in my opinion. I see a lot of people smoking on their balconies. There are times the odor is so bad I have to shut my balcony door. I saw a man light up a cigarette as he was leaving the Windjammer. When I told him smoking wasn't allow in the area he told me to mind my own business. Some people...

Sonny
Old 07-19-2007, 07:59 AM

Copied and pasted from the FAQ section of Royal Caribbeans website. They conveniently leave out any mention of stateroom smoking.
Onboard Policies

Q: What is Royal Caribbean's smoking policy?

A: For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, smoking is prohibited onboard most areas of our ships. However, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have special designated smoking areas in many of our lounges and on all open-air decks. On Alaska Cruisetours, smoking is not permitted on motorcoaches or inside traincars. On Canadian Rockies Cruisetours, smoking is not permitted on motorcoaches or anywhere on the traincars.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned

Yeppers, some people.

During my prior multiple cruises, people have smoked in their cabins, whether it is permitted or not.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 PM

Shari,

This is from a July 16th newsletter I received from RCCL through my District Sales Manager:
"No Smoking, Please!
We will no longer allow smoking in our staterooms, with the exception of "on the balcony" for sailings departing after 1/1/08!!! There will be
exceptions for Rhapsody, Splendour and Legend as they are sailing in international ports. However, they will convert to the new policy upon returning to their North American ports! Ellen

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Wow so that means somkers will have to purchase a balcony cabin if they want to smoke in there stateroom.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-20-2007, 06:42 AM

I think some smokers will still smoke in their staterooms, reguardless of any restrictions. Only because there isn't anyone around, not because they're inconsiderate.

Sonny
Old 07-20-2007, 07:06 AM

They can come up with all the rules and regulations they want. A smoker is going to smoke in their room regardless. The next cruiser, even if they are smoke sensitive, will never know that the cabin has been smoked in. I have heard a few people who claimed to smell smoke in a cabin but I am telling you, there isn't a cabin on a RCCL vessel that has not been smoked in at one point or another.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks guys for the input! I don't remember seeing any smokers on Voyager, but then again I'm old so I don't always recall correctly! Personally I can't smell (I was born that way and it runs in my family)Anyway- not that you care about having no sense of smell...However, my husband can't stand the smell of it in a room...he's a fire fighter, guess he's had his fill of smoke smells!
Thank you for all the input on this thread!
You learn something new every day!
P.S. Sonny: I can't believe that guy said that to you! What a jerk. I commend you for standing up for what's right at the cost of second hand smoke to the rest of us.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:21 PM

It kind of reminds me of a conversation in an elevator where the perp got a plate-full of food on his shoes.

No that was the guy who told the poster that she could order room service, rather than carry food to her stateroom from the buffet.

Kind of got confused with the obnoxious "first time cruiser" comment in the elevator.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, carriben, cruises, rccl, royal, smoking