Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2005, 11:30 AM

Just had a letter from RC informing us that our voyage on the 27th Feb 06 from Port Canaveral has been cancelled due to the ship being chartered. All we have been offered is $50 discount if we re book by the 10th of December. This is our first cruise and had a timeshare and flights all tied in to it. RC have no other bookings available and the treatment was off hand to say the least. Sorry RC you must do better, we will see if Carnival can do better as its the only thing that fits but will cost cosiderably more.

Hope everybody else has better service

Unamused
Old 12-01-2005, 03:05 PM

Hello,

Have you considered using Fort Lauderdale or Tampa as your port of departure? Car rentals are relatively inexpensive even one way and the cost of flights in Florida should not be too high as to ruin a vacation.

Check Expedia, Vacations to Go, Orbitz, to see the cruises out of Tampa and Fort Lauderdale as there are lots of cruises. Be flexible and I am sure it will work out nicely.

Hope this helps,

Fred
Old 12-01-2005, 03:08 PM

Hello again,

Also, get back on the phone/e-mail and speak with a manager of RCL (as high as you can go and see what he or she can do to help you).

Hope that this helps.

Fred
Old 12-01-2005, 10:07 PM

I've never heard of such a thing.

If you reach a honcho at Royal Caribbean, you might mention that you have posted here and we loyal RC people are stunned. If I were RC, I would not want this kind of press.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:30 PM

They did this to a bunch of people last month as well...same $50 credit, which is, IMHO a slap in the face. Dave Matthews band chartered the Majesty and Sovereign for a fan cruise. For the 2/27 cruise it's Kenny Chesney. They have both the Sov and Majesty chartered. I am guessing RC will try to make a regular thing of this now as they have found a cash cow. The cheapest OV cabin on the Chesney cruise is $1400 PP! I was going to book another Majesty cruise for next year, I am re-thinking that idea.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:39 PM

Here's the links to the cruises:
http://cruise.davematthewsband.com/

http://cruise.kennychesney.com/

Click on the pricing link but be sure you're sitting down!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:17 AM

Weīve made a transatlantic tour for this 3-day price. I canīt believe, that there a fans, who pay such a horroble price. But I must admit, that I donīt know the bands.

Wow, I understand, why RCCL cancelled the normal cruisers. Thatīs a lot of money, if enough people are so crazy, to pay these prices.

Marita

Closed Thread

Tags
cancelled, chartered, cruise, due