Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Electricity/power outlet question.... (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/10770-electricity-power-outlet-question.html)

Loralee814 03-20-2007 04:26 PM

Forgive me, this might be a dumb question, but can you use your own appliances (hairdryers, etc.) on the ship or are the electrical outlets different?

One of our passengers using a C-Pap machine at night so its imperative we know beforehand so we can make proper electrical accomodations if need be.

Cruise Fanatic 03-20-2007 06:14 PM

Yes, You can use your own hair dryer. There should be a plug at the vanity in the cabin.

goin' cruisin' 03-20-2007 06:23 PM

This is not a dumb question, Loralee. I am a CPAP user and take a 10 to 12' extension cord with me, just in case. Also, the last time I flew, I checked my machine at the airport in a reasonably sturdy travel case, but the mask itself got broken in transit. You may want to carry at least the headgear and mask in your carry on; or, pack a second mask in a location where it won't get cracked or damaged.

Chef Ken 03-20-2007 06:56 PM

I sleep like a baby at sea with my c-pap purring quietly through the night, thanks to an outlet usually next to the vanity.

Jim C. 03-20-2007 07:58 PM

Loralee814- Maybe a better answer for your question is that there is typical a single outlet on the dressing table out in the cabin. It is capable of powering your machine and or a hair-dryer. If you need more that one outlet, bring a multi-outlet stip or as Going Cruisn said, an extension crod (bring one multiple outlets on the end. Not all the cruise ships have outlets with ground prong holes, so to be safe, bring a non grounded x cord OR one of those adaptors that does the 3 prongs to a 2 no-ground socket. There is typical also a "razor" charger outlet in the bathroom, but these are not rated for much more power than charging a razor (or cell phone type battery)

Sonny V 03-20-2007 09:47 PM

There is also a hair dryer provide in your vanity drawer. I carry my cpap along with me. It's not considered a carry-on so you can bring it along with your other carry-on.

Sonny

Spiritfilled 03-21-2007 04:20 AM

I am sorry but what is a cpap http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...n_confused.gif

Chef Ken 03-21-2007 05:03 AM

It is a device that has a mask that fits over the nose and provides Constant Positve Air Pressure, hence C-PAP. (Not sure that "pressure" is the right word), but some of us who got it bad, snore without it and have long periods where we stop breathing, "sleep apnea".

For me, it has changed my life radically. Nothing spiritual, just uninterupted sleep.

SailorJack 03-21-2007 05:35 AM

You can imagine my dismay, when, upon, receiving my travel documents from RCI, I discovered that listed among the electrical appliances I am not allowed to bring on board was my TurboSteam Brewmaster 2000 Coffee Maker- which I normally take with me everywhere. I can (possibly) understand the ban on my Stainless Steel MultiChoice EuroBlend Latte and Expresso machine, but my coffee maker?

I was further concerned that SailorJill could not bring aboard our Centennial Megawatt Pressmaster Power Iron. How can I possibly look sharp at the formal dinner without freshly pressed shirts and pants? SailorJill took it in good stride, however, and managed to masterfully cover up what I am sure was her deep disappointment at this exclusion.

While not specifically listed, I am beginning to suspect that I might not even be allowed to board with my PowerNuker 6000 Combo Microwave/Convection Travel Oven. Perhaps I could send it ahead?

goin' cruisin' 03-21-2007 06:20 AM

Do I sense some sarcasm? What was my first clue! I like it.