Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 02:41 PM

I think the more curious thing in the article is the fact that the other forum members took it upon themselves to write to RCI to complain about the compensation. NOW THAT'S being petty. If someone got what seemed to be very fair compensation, I'm not going to write and demand the same compensation.

I applaud RCI's actions also. Some people look for things to complain about just to see what they can milk from the cruise lines. That isn't right.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-20-2008, 03:35 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to state that my complaint about the long boarding process on RCI's Brilliance was actually a typo.

I meant to say that the long process was a Brilliant idea, as it afforded me time to review my paperwork and catch up my correspondence.

Furthermore, now that I think about it, my cabin number was actually 646....not 464 as I had mistakenly remembered.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
If someone got what seemed to be very fair compensation, I'm not going to write and demand the same compensation.
I don't think that is what happened. My read of it is that the forum members complained that RCI was being too generous and weren't asking for the same thing.

Earlier, part of the MSNBC story didn't show up. Now it does and I see where RCI contacted Paul Motter at our sister board Cruisemates last year and asked that he modify a negative review. He didn't. As we all know, none of the forum staff can modify reviews posted at cruisereviews.com. Only Internet Brands employees can do that - at least at present. However, I want to make it clear that we will not modify any posts in the forum at the request of any cruise line. If IB contacts me and says something needs to be changed for legal reasons, that is different. But if a cruise line pressures us to change a post just because they don't like it, I will resign as an administrator of this forum before changing the post.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:28 PM

Hey Guys,

Do you think it would be fair for the cruise line to ask if they can post a response? Perhaps to give the other side of the story? We all know how habitual complainers are...they will always exaggerate the situation to make themselves look like the good guys and the cruise line (aka evil corporation) look guilty. Personally, I would enjoy reading their responses. My guess would be that they would more often than not, agree with the poster and only occasionally dispute the facts.

I would have banned them as well.

Take care,

Brad

Old 05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Administrator

I would welcome official cruise line representatives to the forum, as long as they knew they were under the same rules as any other member. Frankly it would be nice to have them out in the open and not lurking in the shadows.

It is interesting to note that the cruise lines appear to be starting their own forums. A nice idea but I really can't them being as open as we are.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:10 PM

Although they were compensated for their troubles it sounds as though they were complaining on any cruise they've taken hoping to get something back for their inconvenience's. Perhaps RCI's stance will set a precedence for all complainers.
Can you imagine sitting next to a couple like that in the dr?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:00 PM

Interesting story and situation. I support RCI. I know that at times I would like to ban some of my customers because they complain all the time but, they keep coming back....and complaining. We bend over backwards to make things right but to no avail. Honestly, I have come very close to telling them to hit the door.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 05-20-2008, 08:56 PM

Am I missing something? I've been on over 40 Royal Caribbean cruises, and only had a complaint on one ship. If a person finds fault, or has a problen every time they cruise on a particular line--why would they every book another cruise with them? I applaud Royal Caribbean for the action they took.

Sonny

Old 05-21-2008, 02:34 AM

A business has a right to ban repeat complainers. I have banned a few myself. There is always something wrong. The last straw with one in particular was when they demanded a refund for something that was already comped and they didn't even pay for it. I ran a history of their phone orders and it showed every order resulted in a complaint, and the next one being free.

The only problem I have with the article is a cruise line trying to exert influence on a cruise forum to modify a review.

Dwayne
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Am I missing something? I've been on over 40 Royal Caribbean cruises, and only had a complaint on one ship. If a person finds fault, or has a problen every time they cruise on a particular line--why would they every book another cruise with them? I applaud Royal Caribbean for the action they took.

Sonny
If there people actually had as many problems with RCI as reported I doubt if they would have cruises with them as many times as they did except to try & find something to complain about with hopes of getting compensation. They'll probably try their scam with NCL or Princess next.

Closed Thread

Tags
ban, baned, banned, caribbean, carnival, carribean, chat, complaints, couples, cruise, cruising, life, line, rccl, royal