Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 05:34 AM

Sonny, I'm with you. Why cruise again and again if you're not happy, try a different cruise line. Of course, now, they have to. I would not have wanted to sleep in a room that smelled like raw sewage, but they were compensated. Dave made a great point. It's just like a law suit settlement or insurance settlement, you keep it to yourself.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:47 AM

we also were on a cruise a while back & had a similar problem with the sewerage (but not as bad) & received nothing more than "sorry". There were also many more "problems" that went uncorrected - some minor some major but needless to say we don't cruise with that line any more.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
they demanded a refund for something that was already comped and they didn't even pay for it
That one takes first prize. Incredible.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
The only problem I have with the article is a cruise line trying to exert influence on a cruise forum to modify a review.
Apparently, the issue was resolved, and RCCL just wanted the post removed or amended. I think they had every right to make that request (not demand). Now this Brenda is saying that they've discovered NCL and NCL is so much better than Royal Caribbean—give me a break! I wonder what kind of discount she got for posting something positive for that line. I wonder how long her ranting would have lasted here.

Sonny
Old 05-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Well In my case I will give them the 50% chance, as I see it if you have a complain
well you have the right to tell someone or post it on the internet in my case,
I don't travel on RCCL, for personal reasons, I like Carnival better but I don't want let RCCL out of the picture yet and also plannig will like to cruise with them in the future but I believe is not that you have complains is how you post it
there are a few things that you most do before posting a bad review:
1. Call the company to let them know, if they fix the problem why you post a negative feedback? this is mostly like ebay...

2. If they fix the problem maybe is better to try to let them know on a post, but if they give you for a example your next cruise free and free bar credit becuase you found a roach on your bed and you post it WELL IS NO BRAINER!!!
After that it will be an invasion of roaches on every cruise after that so I believe, in this one RCCL, do it because they posted soemthing that could affect their business so they go the rights to do it... but for me I will continue to give my personal feedback as usual in the future becuase now we know they read the post we make and it surprise me really I was not considering that our comments have that kind of power and on the future will be great to know what the company think also and have their feedback...
Old 05-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I think they had every right to make that request (not demand)
Posting an update saying something was resolved is fine. I just wouldn't want to totally remove something like it never happened.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Now this Brenda is saying that they've discovered NCL and NCL is so much better than Royal Caribbean—give me a break! I wonder what kind of discount she got for posting something positive for that line. I wonder how long her ranting would have lasted here.

Sonny
Of Course, what else would she say. She now loves NCL...until NCL catches on to their scheme and bans them. Then it will be Princess, HAL, or another that is so much better than RCI and NCL. Maybe we all could pitch in and buy a desolate island and ban all cruise complainers to live there.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Administrator

They may want to tread lightly on the Carnival Corporation lines. They could suddenly be banned from 11 cruise brands.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:03 AM

I would be all for the desolate island idea, as long as it was cold and didn't have any beaches for them to enjoy.

It's funny, but reading the article that started this whole thread actually makes someone like me want to continue cruising with Royal Caribbean even more! I love it when (evil) corporations stand up and fight back. Lets face it, there are just some people who will complain about something no matter how wonderful everything else is. Every time I am on a cruise (or any other wonderful vacation), I can't help but think how fortunate I am to even be there to begin with and I certainly wouldn't let inconveniences get in the way of having a great, relaxing time. Would it be great if every single crewmember on the ship had a perfect attitude and made us feel great all the time? Sure, but please try and remember that these folks are working very long days and go months and months without seeing their loved ones. That is why my wife and I try to get to know them and show our appreciation for what they do for us.

Take care everyone,

Brad

Old 05-21-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Now this Brenda is saying that they've discovered NCL and NCL is so much better than Royal Caribbean—give me a break!
I found that to be the best part of the entire article!

"'They are so much better than Royal Caribbean', says Brenda"

Like a little child sticking their tounge out because they didn't get their way.

Anyway, I agree with most of the ideas here, so I'm not going to start repeating people - I think the point has been made.

Funny enough, I seem to remember the post complaining about the sewage in the room. I only post here, but I have checked out the other boards, so maybe that's how I caught it. I'm loyal to Cruise-Chat!

Closed Thread

Tags
ban, baned, banned, caribbean, carnival, carribean, chat, complaints, couples, cruise, cruising, life, line, rccl, royal