Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 07:52 AM

We're taking the Serenade out of San Juan in November and just got our travel docs (YAY!!!!).
This is our second time out of San J. The first time, we departed later in the evening and were allowed on-board around 1pm. Our docs for this cruise say that despite the 8:30 departure, boarding is not until 5:30. That doesn't allow much of a window before the 90-minute cut-off.

It seems Serenade has a 13-night repositioning cruise right before out trip, which is probably the cause of the late boarding. Does anyone have any suggestions about how early one could expect to board in a case like this? Thanks!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Administrator

The repo cruise arrives at 7am so that isn't the reason. It is typical for RCI to state that boarding starts three hours before the scheduled departure time. For instance, cruises leaving from Miami at 4:30 say boarding commences at 1:30 in the docs. But guests are checking in as early as 11am.

Do your docs use the specific language you posted? "Despite the 8:30 departure, boarding commences at 5:30" Or do they simply say "boarding commences at 5:30"?

I'd say if you showed up earlier you would find check-in open for business. 1pm for instance, with the buffet lunch wide open.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Take a cab from the airport to the Port...you should be fine. At least your luggage will be check in. I never boarded that late in San Juan.

Sonny
Old 09-27-2009, 11:45 AM

I'm leaving on the Serenade from Miami and check-in time is 2:00 p.m. and departure time is 5:00 p.m. so that's still three hours. If I get to the port earlier and they're not ready for me, I'll just wait. At least I'll be there ready to roll when they are.

Closed Thread

Tags
arrive, board, caribbean, carribean, cruise, departure, early, juan, oceanview, photo, royal, san, serenade, stateroom, superior, time