Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2003, 05:49 AM

"Wedding Moon" is combining my wedding with a honeymoon. I will be taking my first cruise, and happily it will be the place where I say my wedding vows. Can someone offer places to visit on my excursions? I will be going to the Eastern Caribbean - this includes St. Thomas, San Maarten, and Nassau. Please offer suggestions that are most romantic. We are planning this for Nov 1 2003, so we have plenty of time to hopefully get great advice. Still not sure whether I will get married at port or on St. Thomas. What do you think?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2003, 05:49 AM

"Wedding Moon" is combining my wedding with a honeymoon. I will be taking my first cruise, and happily it will be the place where I say my wedding vows. Can someone offer places to visit on my excursions? I will be going to the Eastern Caribbean - this includes St. Thomas, San Maarten, and Nassau. Please offer suggestions that are most romantic. We are planning this for Nov 1 2003, so we have plenty of time to hopefully get great advice. Still not sure whether I will get married at port or on St. Thomas. What do you think?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2003, 12:59 PM

My brother took the Eastern Caribbean cruise, he loved it! The virgin islands are just beautiful. I wouldn't have minded getting married in a place like St. Thomas.....go for it!! But I'm sure someone who has taken this cruise could better tell you which island to do the vows(?.

Amy
Old 03-24-2003, 06:39 AM

Thanks Amy. What makes me look so much forward to this is that it will be both our first cruises. We have already started talking to TA's to get the best price. Of course, having a good time is the most important, so that is why I chose the RCCL. I am thinking about getting married on one of the islands vs. getting married at the port. If anyone has any advice let me know.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:05 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I want to put another twist into this though. If you plan on getting married in say, St. Thomas, and the ship has to by-pass it for some reason (your still in hurricane season), then the wedding is off. Generally, travel agents will recommend that you fly to an island if you wish to get married there. There's also the Grand, Golden, and Coral Princess, that have wedding chapels on the ship, and have live feeds, so loved ones at home can watch the ceremony over the computer. You might want to check that out with www.princesscruises.com. We've renewed vows twice on Princess, and they know how to do these things right. They are the original "Love Boat".Really is great how that works. Hope this helps a little.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:51 AM

After reading many posts on this topic of getting married on an island, I do agree that it would suck if the boat could not port due to inclement weather. Not sure if this is true with all wedding cruise ships, but I am under the impression that the marriage is not legal if you get married on the ship once it has left the port. I have informed my fiance of this and she agrees that it doesn't matter where we get married as long as we're together. How special is that! Thanks Sue for confirming that it would be better to fly to an island rather than sail due to unforeseen weather patterns. I will look into other cruise lines to see what kind of wedding package each offers. My question is do different ships offer different packages to a bride and groom?
Old 03-25-2003, 09:17 PM

Marriages are perfectly legal at sea on Princess ships, although I've seen people getting married on the islands as well. I do know that with Carnival, you get married on board by a JP or minister from the locality that you're in, so need the necessary license, etc., before you can get married. Friends just stood up for other friends in Tampa. Let us know how you make out.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, chapel, cruise, explorer, forums, honeymoon, married, rccl, review, reviews, royal, sea, seas, ship, wedding, weddings