Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2007, 05:43 PM

Are there any stops that offer a dolphin encounter excursion? I've always wanted to do a swim with them, or something similar. However, the one offered at a stop while I was cruising on the Majesty was 3 hrs. long and I didn't want to spend such a large chunk of time on one excursion.

Also, how many formal nights on Mariner?

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09
Old 06-18-2007, 06:57 AM
There are usually two formal nights on Mariner's trips; Mariner does both Eastern and Western Caribbean, and both have two nights.
I believe that one of the Western Caribbean stops does have a Dolphin encounter; however, I believe that 3 hours would not be considered a long excursion for something like that.
If you do go with the Western cruise, be sure and schedule "Sting Ray City"-it too will be close to three hours, but is mucho fun (at least we thought so). It's at the Georgetown, Grand Cayman Island stop.
Hav fun!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 AM

If you really want to experience the fun of swimming alongside the dolphins, three hours is not a very long excursion. Take the opportunity and you will be happy that you did. They have great personalities and they love to show off. Of course, if you just want to get close to a dolphin, I would suggest the mahi mahi as an entree.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:49 AM

The Western stop at Cozumel allows you to do the Dolphin Swim. We booked the Royal Swim through ShoreTrips and was worth every penny and every minute! We actually got off the ship and went shopping for a while. Then we took a cab to Dolhpin Encounter and did the swim. When we were done, we changed (they have lockers and such) and took a cab back and did more shopping.

And I agree, Stingray City is also a super excursion. Well worth the time and money.

Erika
Mariner - Western - May 2007
Mariner - Eastern - March 2008
Old 06-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
If you really want to experience the fun of swimming alongside the dolphins, three hours is not a very long excursion. Take the opportunity and you will be happy that you did. They have great personalities and they love to show off. Of course, if you just want to get close to a dolphin, I would suggest the mahi mahi as an entree.
Please don't tell me Mahi Mahi is Dolphin, well better yet tell me so I will NEVER eat that again.......so is it????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-26-2007, 10:19 PM

I was only thinking 3 hours was a long excursion because the one offered on a previous cruise I took involved two hours of learning about the dolphins through a speaker and an informative film and only the remaining time actually getting a chance to feed the dolphin and have a photo opportunity of you kissing a dolphin. For swimming with and getting to interact more with the animals, I'd spend all day!

The Sting Ray City sounds cool- I've heard of this attraction from a friend who lives in Georgetown.

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09
Old 06-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Spritfilled:
Please don't tell me Mahi Mahi is Dolphin, well better yet tell me so I will NEVER eat that again.......so is it????
They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning, no one you see, is smarter than he........

It's dolphin fish, not the dolphin that are tangled in fishing nets. Do you eat Tuna? If you do, you might want to reconsider that variety as well. This concludes my public service announcement.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Banned

Mahi Mahi is delicious. Carl is exactly right.

A'ndrea

Closed Thread