Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005, 01:23 PM

The soda on Serenade tasted like good ole' fashion fountain soda. I know sometimes you get it, and it has a really funny taste to it (not sure if its the water they use or not) but I had no complaints with my soda.
The free soda in the main dining room is a news flash for me??? My understanding was all soda came with a fee?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:53 AM

Itīs so different on some ships.

On the Brilliance and the Jewel weīve got orangejuice for free during the dinner and other tables mates got coke.
On the Zenith we had to pay for everything but icetea and icewater (but I do not like these).
When we order with coke or sprite with or soda package we got it from cans.
My hubby were making jokes about that, why they do not take bigger bottles, because its less expensive. But they take it from original cans.

Lets see, what they serve on the Splendour.Hey, look at my countdown, the only thing at the moment that gives me a good feeling (going in a hospital tomorrow, have a operation at my vocal cord and donīt know, when I will be able to talk again. Thank god, I have this board, where I donīt need my voice.)

Best regards, Marita

Old 10-04-2005, 08:16 AM

I can never justify the soda cards. There is always Lemonaide, juice, water available. If it must be soda at dinner, we bring a couple of 6 packs of 20 oz soda on board and dont feel the least bit wrong to bring them to dinner. On the Serenade, the Lemonaide was free in the Windjammer and there was a cost in the dinning room. I just got up at dinner took the elevator up to the Windjammer and brought a glass back to the dinning room. I have always believe soft drinks should be included at dinner. The only cruise line that did that was Disney. But then again for the price one pays for Disney, it should be
Old 10-05-2005, 01:45 PM

Like arckac, I think the soda packages are ridiculous. From what previous RCL cruisers had told us, RCL used to include soda and juice in the cost of the cruise. They changed that policy a year or two ago, and I think the charge is now $42 per adult for the week. We couldn't justify the cost, so we bought 2L bottles (for $1.99 each) of Coke and Diet Coke in St. Thomas and brought them on the ship.

I don't know. . . Maybe I'm way off base here, but for what the cruise lines charge for the cruise, you would think they could include soft drinks and juice in the package. Good grief!

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 10-05-2005, 06:28 PM

Amen to that. Exactly why I bring my own. Its not difficult to carry and extra carry on to bring it to the room. As I said, the last time I was on Disney it was included with Dinner.

Closed Thread

Tags
anywhere, cards, cruise, cruises, fountain, lines, locations, menu, norwegian, norwigian, package, packages, regular, royal, soda, taste