Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 09:15 AM

We are booked on SOS in a couple of weeks. My question is if we purchase the soda package, do use that on main dining room or on formal night or order from the menu? We do not drink wine.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:26 AM

Hi lannie,

we also bought the soda package and everywhere on the ship where you show our seaboardpass with the soda sticker, you get your soda without paying extra.
So you can use it in all bars, the theater and of course, also the dining room.
About the second evening the special drink waiter knew, what we like for dinner and brought it to our table, without our order.
Thats service and these people deserve an extra tip.

So enjoy your trip on the SOS
Marita

Old 10-01-2005, 09:29 AM

Thanks oppis. I have another question? lol. Do you take carry the cup that they give you around to all the places?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 AM

No, we did not carry the cups around.
We prefered to order a new soda, wherever we haven been on the ship. But I saw some people walking around with their drinks, but I guess,that were alcoholic drinks.

Old 10-01-2005, 12:11 PM

The soda package is well worth it if you drink lots of soda like me. The first thing I did on my Mariner cruise last year (after eating at the windjammer) was get a soda card.

They gave me a nice big coke can souvenir thing that could be used to drink soda but I never used it. Just got cokes in a glass at the bar.

Now, a tropical drink package would be nice. Too bad they don't have something like that. Or do they?

Another thing - when I got the soda package all they did was put a little round sticker on my Sea Pass card. Be sure you don't go swimming with your card or your sticker might come off. My sticker stayed on for the whole seven nights. But it was getting a little tore up after I jumped into the swimming pool a couple of times with that card in my pocket.

I think my sister had the soda package and she was getting in the hot tub with her card. Sticker started disappearing. She showed her card to some guy or gale and they put on a new sticker.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:39 PM

Khona, what were the fountain sodas on Mariner like? Did they taste anywhere near the real thing? Or were they watery and flat?

Old 10-02-2005, 11:09 AM

Well, my Mariner cruise has been over a year ago. But if I remember right they tasted ok. They gave you the drinks in a cup or glass. Not the can or plastic bottle. The only soda I drank was Diet Coke. It satisfied my craving for pop. It didn't taste like the Diet Coke from a bottle after it's been sitting in the freezer for some time, but it was satisfactory.

Another thing, I usually drink Caffeine Free Diet Coke. My sister told me the soda package only covers regular soda's, not premium soda like Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Diet Coke was included in the soda package. So all I ordered with the soda package was Diet Coke.

Again, If you are a heavy soda drinker like me then the soda package was well worth it. To go up to a bar and just flash your sea pass card and they get you a soda was nice.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:14 AM

On the Zenith we got regular or diet coke and sprite from regular bottles in glasses.
It was not from a fountain. So the taste was normal and not watery or flat.

I donīt know how it is on other ships. Can you tell more end november.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:02 PM

Yep, I will give a report on the sodas when I'm back. Also a report of the mojito's, margaritas, mai tai's, goombay smashes,...
Old 10-03-2005, 08:28 AM

Hi Lannie

If you like drinking alot of soda then the soda package would be of value to you. However just keep in mind that it is the fountain soda's. If you like your soda strong then buying the can individually would be for you. Do keep in mind that it does not include non virgin drinks or juices.

In the main dining room, you automatically get soda at no additional charge. Any where else there's a charge.

DYG

Closed Thread

Tags
anywhere, cards, cruise, cruises, fountain, lines, locations, menu, norwegian, norwigian, package, packages, regular, royal, soda, taste