Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 06:07 AM

Hey There,

I have a couple questions. My family was thinking of doing a back-to-back cruise. We actually were planning on doing it with the "Project Genesis" ship, and with it being like most RCI ships, it would be 7 nights each way in the Caribbean.

My question is this...does anyone suggest doing this? Is there pros or cons? What would be awesome is staying on the ship longer and not rushing to do everything in a week.

Also, does RCI offer special rates for people who do back-to-back sailings? If someone could let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!
Sammy
Old 01-24-2007, 06:30 AM

Hi Sammy,

how long do you want to wait. Genesis is only a project at this time. Aker Yards in Finland will built two Freedom sisterships until they start with the Genesis. The vessels delivery is scheduled for autumn 2009. Do you want to wait that long?

We are doing a b2b next month on the Radiance. First doing the western than the eastern Caribbean. But we have to disembark and then to embark again, when we come back to Ft. Lauderdale, until we leave for the next cruise.
There was no special price for booking two cruises. But the second one was offered for a really low price, so we decided to book the first one for a higher price and have 14 wonderful days in the Caribbean.
I think, the huge ships, like the Freedom have no b2b to different parts of the Caribbean, only to the western caribbean ports of call, like Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Haiti.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:08 AM

Well, Royal Caribbean already has an agreement with building the Genesis ship. Also, we do know that it won't be coming out until Fall, 2009. I know some people who are doing back-to-back cruises on the Freedom Class ships and they won't revisit the same ports. Hopefully, Genesis will have two different itinerary's, or we would decide to go on another ship. The reason why we want to wait is because...

1. We want to splurge on this vacation and would rather save our money so we could have a vacation of a lifetime.

2. I'm in college and the only time that we would want to go is in December. Because of my living expenses with me being on my own and the costs of living in a very touristy area, my family doesn't want a vacation now.

Considering we want to go in December, the cruise is going to be very expensive due to the holidays. Plus, I would rather wait to vacation on the "world's largest ship."

Didn't know if anyone else can give me any tips/experiences on doing something like this. Thanks again!

Closed Thread