Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 10:52 AM

We are booked on Enchantment Oct. 7. Now I'm booking our flights. How soon does Royal Caribbean disembark? Should I book the 11:30 am flight home or wait for the 5:30 flight to be safe. We are 2 adults and 3 kids.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 05-16-2007, 04:27 PM

There are previous posts on this subject. Look back about 3 days. I asked the same question because I booked my flight for 10:30am. From what I've been told, you shouldn't book a flight before 1pm. I had already booked my flight, so I'm just going to have to take a chance.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:55 PM

hello,

we were on the eos in march,07. bye the time we got off the the ship and went thru customs and retrieved our luggage and got a taxi and got to the airport is was @11:30am. we got of the ship and did this in a very short time with just two adults.11:30 would be pressing your luck. alot of it depends what time they start letting passengers off the ship.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-16-2007, 06:29 PM

Royal Caribbean now has early disembarkation available if you're willing to handle your own luggage. Here is the official announcement:

Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises guests who are eager to catch early flights home can take advantage of Express Departure, a new option that allows them to carry their own luggage off the ship rather than claim it in the terminal after disembarking. To use Express Departure, guests who can carry their own luggage simply keep their luggage inside their stateroom the night before disembarkation day. The next morning, these guests can depart the ship between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. and proceed directly to their next destination. Express Departure is available on every Royal Caribbean and Celebrity vessel, in ports throughout North and South America and Europe.

The lines also offer the option to pay for a service called Luggage Valet, which streamlines the seaport-to-airport process. Guests who participate can check their luggage and receive their airline boarding passes and baggage claim checks before leaving the ship. When they arrive at the airport, they can avoid check-in lines at the airport and proceed directly to the security checkpoint. "Luggage Valet is ideal for guests who wish to simplify their transition from one of our ships to the airport," said Jayme Porkolab, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.'s director of air operations, systems and planning. "It's also an easy way for guests who have a late flight to spend the day enjoying a land-based tour or shopping, with only the luggage they plan to carry onto the plane later."

Luggage Valet is offered in some of the lines' busiest ports, including Los Angeles, San Diego, Miami, Port Canaveral, Port Everglades, Tampa, San Juan, Seattle and Vancouver. Participating airlines include American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines. Both lines also offer guests the ability to check in online before they sail. Guests can choose this option by visiting the lines' websites and following the steps for online check-in. This allows passengers to print a boarding pass, which grants them faster access to registration and boarding at the pier. For more information, visit www.royalcaribbean.com or www.celebrity.com.

If you're flying from Ft. Lauderdale, and not Miami, you're probably ok anyway if you let someone at the Purser's Desk know that you have an early flight. Then, even if you don't handle your own luggage, they're likely to put you in the first group or two that called to get off the ship.

Officially, if your ship comes into Ft. Lauderdale and you're flying out of Ft. Lauderdale, they suggest flights at noon or later. If you're flying out of Miami, it's either 12:30 or 1pm.

Sandy
Old 05-16-2007, 06:37 PM
If you take the Express Disembarkment, you have to be off by 7:30 am.....this means you handle your own luggage.....we had a 12:30 flight and got to the airport in plenty of time......it takes about 30 minutes to get thru customs...there will many passengers that take the Express, so you will be standing in line for awhile....people will start lining up around 6:45 or so....if you don't have a transfer package, there are plenty of cabs and vans to get to get you to the airport which isn't that far away....

Bob E
Old 05-17-2007, 12:25 PM

That was extremely helpful. Thanks a bunch Sandy. Unfortunately, I'm not flying on one of the airlines that does the luggage valet, but at least I know that I can get off the boat by 7:30am.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Depending on the port and cruiseline (size of ship, etc.) most cruiselines have guidelines that recommend flight on the ground 4-5 hours prior to sailing. Same 4-5 hour window applies for flight departure after your scheduled arrival back in port. Freedom and Libery of the Seas sailings the guidelines have been pushed out to 5 1/2 hours.

If you purchase travel insurance to cover cancelled/delayed flights they won't cover the claim if you do not adhere to the cruiselines guidelines. It's best to err on the side of more time rather than less. Wouldn't be a lot of fun to miss your cruise, loose your flight and cruise $$$ and then not be re-imbursed even with insurance.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 AM

No problem, Christie. Especially if you're leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale, which is very close to the cruise ship port, you should be ok. But as Berick said, there could be a long line to get off the ship early, so don't be surprised!

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, cruise, disembarkment, express, juan, san, tours