Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2003, 10:10 AM

I know you can't bring your own alcohol onto the ship when you embark, however, can you bring it onto the ship from a port of call, or do they confiscate that? Do you have to sneak it, or are you allowed to take it to your room? Just don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to. I know I read here that some have done it, just want know what action they will take, if any, if they see you taking it back to your room.
TIA
Old 10-19-2003, 10:10 AM

I know you can't bring your own alcohol onto the ship when you embark, however, can you bring it onto the ship from a port of call, or do they confiscate that? Do you have to sneak it, or are you allowed to take it to your room? Just don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to. I know I read here that some have done it, just want know what action they will take, if any, if they see you taking it back to your room.
TIA
Old 10-19-2003, 05:42 PM

I recently got onto the royal caribbean web page. It states that they will sale you a bottle of alcohol on the ship in the "duty free" store, but if you want to consume it on the ship you have to pay duty prices. The same(almost) what we pay at the state stores.

We have brought onto the ship the little wine bottles and you can also get the "airplane" type liquor bottles and bring them on. We had no problems nor did anybody in our group. Just don't be "real" obvious!
Old 10-19-2003, 09:46 PM

1) Lots of creative ways to (easily) get liquor on board (in water bottles, listerine bottles, etc).

2) It's also quite possible that if you pack a bottle or two in check-on luggage nobody will bother with it.

3) "Duty-free" shop on Sovereign charged $8 for two bottles of liquor for cabin use. (That's what I was quoted; NOT $4 each)

4) Bringing back from excursion... easiest to bring back in smaller bottles with your t-shirts, etc.

5) IF they decide to confiscate anything, it will be returned to you the last day of the cruise.

Hope that helped!
Nancy

Sovereign of the Seas, 9/2003
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 9/12/2004
Spirit of Chicago 2-hr Cruise 7/24/04
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 3/29/04
Costa Mediterranea 12/14/03
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 9/21/03
Old 10-20-2003, 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mickey:
I recently got onto the royal caribbean web page. It states that they will sale you a bottle of alcohol on the ship in the "duty free" store, but if you want to consume it on the ship you have to pay duty prices. The same(almost) what we pay at the state stores.

We have brought onto the ship the little wine bottles and you can also get the "airplane" type liquor bottles and bring them on. We had no problems nor did anybody in our group. Just don't be "real" obvious!

this is a dumb question...sorry for being a n00b, but, with bags that you carry on the ship, do they xray them or anything?
so i am guess the best way to bring on is then putting them in the bags you give the porters to load on the ship then, right?

Life is for the living
CARPE DIEM!
Old 10-20-2003, 04:10 PM

Thanks,

I know someone who recently went on RC, and they managed to take a case of beer on board. When questioned about it, he just said that he wanted it for his room in case he wanted a few beers with his wife at night in his cabin. Not only did they allow it, they went and got him ice and a cooler. I didn't ask, but knowing this person, I'm sure he threw a few $$$ their way. I was just wondering if this would be the case. I wouldn't mind throwing them a $10, or even a $20 if I can bring a case of Corona on for late night.
Anyway, thanks again.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bippytrip:
Thanks,

I know someone who recently went on RC, and they managed to take a case of beer on board. When questioned about it, he just said that he wanted it for his room in case he wanted a few beers with his wife at night in his cabin. Not only did they allow it, they went and got him ice and a cooler. .....late night.
Anyway, thanks again.

I "smuggled" a case of beer on in a Diet Coke case - you mean all I had to do was carry it on?!

A few other things... they DO xray your bags when you return to the ship. I bought two small (?pint) bottles and put them with my other souvenirs and nobody bothered me.

IF the (larger) bottles are put in a 'shipping carton' by the store, chances are VERY GOOD they'll be confiscated and returned to you the day before you leave.

Have fun!
Nancy

Sovereign of the Seas, 9/2003
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 9/12/2004
Spirit of Chicago 2-hr Cruise 7/24/04
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 3/29/04
Costa Mediterranea 12/14/03
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 9/21/03
Old 10-25-2003, 08:16 AM

They do xray your bags before you first board the ship. But, we did not have a problem with anything we brought. As I stated, we just took some wine and another couple took some small liquor bottles of vodka and jim beam.

I'm sure if you spiff them a few $$$ you will not have a problem.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, barre, bring, wilkes