Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2006, 09:27 AM

we're leaving on Monday for Grandeur's Western Caribbean cruise. Quick questions --
If I have one carry on bag (no checked luggage) for the flight will the cruise line treat my luggage the same way so I can carry my bag on and not have to wait for luggage delivered to my cabin. Or do they just take any piece (except a personal backpack/purse) and deliver later or whenever? Are the cabins stocked like a hotel with ample towels (where do we get a beach towel and is there a charge) and toiletries. Anything else in the cabin --- I am not bringing a hairdryer because each room has one?
Many thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:44 AM

I always bring my hairdryer even though there was one in the room. I don't know the voltage but it must be really low. It takes forever to blow dry your hair.(and mine's short!)
I always carry my beach bag on so I will have it until luggage is delivered, a shoulder bag with important papers etc and a purse. Never had anyone ask me to check them. The beach bag is pretty big too because I had one beach towel per family member(5) in it, about 6-8 bottle of sunscreen, water bottles for everyone etc.
They do have one beach towel each in the room but to keep from losing theirs and to ensure we know which is ours we bring our own.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 04-11-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Cruiser
Posted April 11, 2006 09:27 AM
we're leaving on Monday
You will have no problem taking the typical roll bag (20x14x9)onto the ship. Or even a folding suit bag. The cabins have towels, soap, shampoo. I have never felt the blowdryers were weak. The handle just gets hot and I have to hold it with a towel.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:36 AM

Hello. Our last 2 cruises on RCCL we have carried out luggage on and off this ship. We usually have 5 pieces between my husband and I. They didn't seem to mind we did this. We were able to unpack as soon as we boarded the ship. Enjoy your cruise. Bon Voyage Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-11-2006, 12:19 PM

When boarding the ship, you will go through a security check, including the x-ray line, as you do at the airport. Remember you will have to heft the suitcases up to the conveyor belt for the machine! Other than that, it shouldn't make any difference whether you take all your bags with you or let the porters take the heavy ones. Definitely keep the ones with valuables, paperwork, etc. with you, though, rather than giving them to porters.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:27 PM

HELLO
TAKE A CARRY ON WITH A CHANGE OF CLOTHES FOR THE POOL AND FOR DINNER JUST IN CASE YOUR OTHER LUGGAGE DOESN'T MAKE IT IN TIME.AS FAR AS YOUR ROOM SUPPLIES TAKE AN OVER THE DOOR SHOE ORGANIZER OR SOMETHING LIKE IT FOR STORAGE. BEACH TOWELS ARE PROVIDED ,ONE PER PERSON IN YOUR CABIN.YOU CAN GET EXTRA ONES BUT BE SURE TO TURN THEM ALL BACK IN OR IT IS 20.00 PER.DON'T BE AFFRAID TO ASK YOUR ROOM STEWARD FOR EXTRA BATH TOWELS, BLANKETS,ETC. DONT OVER PACK!YOU WON'T WEAR AS MANY OUTFITS AS YOU THINK.

HAVE FUN!

EZEMONEY

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-14-2006, 06:27 AM

I just got back from a trip on Explorer of the Seas, and didn't have any problem w/supplies. I brought my own shampoo and soap (b/c I'm picky) but there were plenty of towels, and the hair dryer provided in my cabin was stronger than the one I left at home. As far as luggage, definitely include all your important papers and a change of clothes for dinner in your carry-on, in case you don't get your luggage delivered in time. They put beach towels in every room, and if you need a fresh one, you can just exchage it at the pool. Have a great time!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:54 PM

How was Grandeur, Kathy's Birthday?

I'll be on it in 4 days!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 04:44 AM

just came back from cruise on Grandeur. Bring your hair dryer. The ones on board don't work well, if at all. There are towels avaiable at the pool.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:51 AM

Beach towels are provided. If you need more towels for the bathroom than your cabin comes with simply tell your cabin steward on the first day and you will get extras all week. I always bring my own hairdryer - they have some really small powerful travel dryers nowadays, as the ones they give you are not strong enough for my liking.

You should have no problem carrying your luggage on board with you. If a plane allows it as a carry on the ship certainly will.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread

Tags
bag, cruise, hold, important, papers, room, shoulder, supplies