Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM

Two years ago we went to Magan's Bay and loved it however, we want to go to a different beach this time. which one should should we go to just enjoy swimming and some beach time>
Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM

Trunk Bay is really nice.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:54 AM

Hi peggyellis, welcome to Cruise-Chat! If you'll look a little further down on our main page, there is a Caribbean Port Chat section. Using your "Find" feature in the upper left hand corner, you can type in your ports and it will pull up all the posts made about them.

Cruise Fanatic is spot on, Trunk Bay on St. Johns it awesome! The water is crystal clear, there's a self-guided snorkel trail about 50 yards from the beach, and all the ammenities you need. However, if traveling to St. Johns is not for you, there are some beautiful beaches in St. Thomas. Coki Beach is much like Magen's Bay, in that you have all the ammenities. Sapphire Beach is great for snorkeling if the wind isn't blowing too much, but is sparse with ammenities. It has a store to purchase something to drink and it does have restrooms and places to rent beach equipment, but not as abundant as Coki or Magens. Still, if you like snorkeling, it's a good place. The water is beautiful, too.

Best wishes!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:57 PM

It's my opinion that Coki Beach is the best for snorkeling if you don't go to Trunk Bay. There is no admission charge at Coki Beach. Here's a few pictures of Coki Beach:

Sonny
Old 07-10-2010, 02:33 AM

Great pictures Sonny. I've not been to Coki before, do they have facilities there?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 AM

They do have facilities, IslandCruz. It's much better than Sapphire. There is a bar/restaurant area, chair/umbrella rental, snorkeling gear rentals, restrooms, and I believe there were lockers there, too. There's some shaded areas available. If you have a nice driver, he can stop at a couple of turn-outs for some great picture taking. One of these times, I want to try out Pineapple Beach. The crew on the Emerald Princess was telling me that that's where they went. I don't know what facilities it has, if any, but wanted to check it out.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Thanks. If I don't go over to St. John I usually go to Sapphire. I'll give it a try next time. I still have Cinnamon Bay to do on St. John as well.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:28 PM

Is Coki in the same area as Magen's; looks to have similar views?

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-14-2010, 05:43 PM

Coki Beach is more on the East side by Coral World. Magen's Beach is more on the North side.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 PM

looking at Google Earth--Magen's bay is about 4 miles West of Coki Beach. Coki is right next to Coral World.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, beach, caribbean, cinnamon, cruise, john, johns, magens, rental, royal, sapphire, st, thomas, trunk, umbrella, versus