Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Cabin 7680 balcony

Cabin 7680 balcony 2

Cabin 7680 balcony 3
Old 01-26-2006, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the photos Dave. You had a great balcony. We're in the last 2 Cabins on each side. When you look at the back of the ship, we have the last one on the right and the left. Hopefully, we'll have as nice view as yours even though we are on the Explorer, not the Mariner.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 09:00 PM

I would like to say thank you for the wonderful photos from Dave and Mich!

I have been looking since June for photos and information on the aft staterooms on the Voyager class. No other ships out there have anything like this crazy design! Although I've been cruising on other ships and had the opportunity to walk up to the Voyager class ships in port, nothing quite clears up the puzzle as your photos do!

Thank you very much~~

Lana
Old 01-30-2006, 09:28 PM

I tracked down a few better shots of the balconies.

Enjoy and I hope these help.

Side view of Aft Balconies

Port Side View

Aft Balconies Another View
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 02-02-2006, 12:32 PM

Mich~~

Very, very nicely done!

Thanks a million!

Lana
Old 02-02-2006, 06:29 PM

No problem Lana glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lana537:
Mich~~

Very, very nicely done!

Thanks a million!

Lana
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 02-06-2006, 12:21 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the great pictures of the balcony staterooms.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:56 PM

Hi all:
Thought I'd add my two cents to this very well covered subject. I love the Explorer of the Seas. The first time I had one of the rooms up front on deck 9, with a huge porthole looking straight ahead. I loved it since there was some extra space in the room by the bed and I really liked facing all our ports of call.

The next year I got a balcony on deck 6 and I have to say I was disappointed. The bottom was fully enclosed by metal sheeting. It was usually very damp out there and one day while in port, I was lying on my bed reading when a man was all of a sudden dangling outside of my window with a hose pressure cleaning my balcony and sliding doors! I was just glad that I had my doors shut tight! If there was a warning about this, I had missed it. And always looking out the side was not as nice for me as looking out the front. So this year I am back up on deck 9 in the front. It's a longer walk to the elevators, but it is such a nice view!
-Marshgirl
Old 04-30-2006, 01:29 PM

Thought I'd add my two cents on this as well. I was on the Voyager 2 years ago, one of the cabins on Deck 6 on the "hump", and from what I remember although these were more enclosed with steel than the ones on decks 7 and above, I had no problem seeing out when I was sitting. I spend a lot of time on my deck pretending I own the ship :-), so I would have remembered if I couldn't see anything. Plus, being on "the hump" was great logistics-wise since it was right near the elevators and very accessible. I liked being on Deck 6 as well from an accessibility standpoint. We're going on the Explorer July 14th and we all took Guarantees because of the great rate. My parents pulled a balcony on 6 forward by the elevators, and we pulled a balcony on 8 midship also by the elevators, and since they prefer being midship and we prefer being on 6 we're switching with them. We once had one of the cabins with the big balconies all the way in the back, but we didn't feel the size of the balcony was worth the walk (just lazy, I guess). Can't wait for July 14th!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:59 AM

I am envious of everyone heading onto the Explorer in the next few months! I am not getting back onboard until November!

I had a deck 6 balcony and while it was pleasant, and very nice being near the elevators, it was metal half way up. Now, normal height people can see sitting down, but not me. So I stood. It was nice, but hot. It also was wet and they hosed it off sometimes while in port. For my money, it wasn't worth it so I am going back to my forward cabin, with a huge porthole looking straight out the front. The room is a bit larger, with more space for my yoga mat. And it is a very long walk. But nothing beats the views, especially as we navigate into the ports. It's awesome. Have fun everyone! Take care of "my" ship!
Marshgirl

Closed Thread

Tags
8, aft, balconies, balcony, cabin, deck, explorer, exployer, obstruction, plan, room, sea, seas, triangle, views