Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2005, 05:04 PM

Since it's our first cruise we have mixed feelings about booking any excursions in advance. Are there any that fill up that we should book ahead? (We're not likely to do anything like snorkeling) We're leaving 2/13, so we'd have to decide by Thursday. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2005, 05:04 PM

Since it's our first cruise we have mixed feelings about booking any excursions in advance. Are there any that fill up that we should book ahead? (We're not likely to do anything like snorkeling) We're leaving 2/13, so we'd have to decide by Thursday. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2005, 11:49 PM

RCCL does not allow tours to sell out in advance of the sailing, to my knowledge. They only allow a certain percentage of the excursion tickets to be available before sailing.

Advice, though....book VERY early during the cruise, because the good ones go in the first couple of days.

PS.....where are you going?

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 01-31-2005, 03:03 AM

It would help to know which ports you are visiting so that we could tell you which excursions are likely to sell out quickly. However, I might also add, if there is anything you really want to do, rather than be disappointed - book it in advance. In most cases you will be able to cancel a reservation if you give the shore excursion desk the proper amount of advance notice.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-31-2005, 05:24 AM

Two years ago, on Navigator, my wife and I had already booked our excursions a few weeks before. Well my mother in law didn't. She wanted to wait until she got on the ship. The first thing she did was go to the explorations desk and low and behold , lets just say, she wasn't on any of our excursions the entire week. They were sold out.
If we aren't worried about having extra money leading up to a cruise, I will always book in advance unless I'm going on my own. Who wants to waste valuable time on the cruise standing in line to do something you can do at home on your computer. It's not like the price changes and you'll get a better deal.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Banned

I would book in advance if it is really something you need to do. You can always cancel when on board if you have a change of heart.

We are no longer big on excursions so we don't care if we get shut out. If there is something that we are interested in and it is booked we just feel it was meant to be and saved some money. Plus it gives us something to complain about when we write our nasty letters to the cruise lines and posts on the internet
Old 01-31-2005, 09:48 AM

Ridgid, you have me sitting at my desk laughing out loud. I am pretty much like you when it comes to advance reservations for shore excursions. However, a couple of cruises ago I wanted to go Peacock bass fishing in Lake Gatun (it is supposed to be excellent) and waited to the last minute to see what the weather was going to be like.....they were sold out.

Tom
Old 01-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Banned

Tom

It wasn't meant to be. Look at it this way; the fishing boat either sank or the fish were not biting. Everything happens for a reason and for the best; like it or not.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:00 PM

Oops - you were all supposed to be able to read my mind and know where I was going! Ee're leaving on Mariner on the 13th. Starting Tuesday: Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman then Cozumel. So far most likely choice for all 4 of us is teh Grand cayman Land and Sea, Nautilus;governors residencs;Hell and rum cake center. Hubby is considering Ruins in Cozumel (sorry - to me its a bunch of old rocks )
Old 01-31-2005, 04:47 PM

Labadee is their private island so I wouldn't worry about the excursions there. In Grand Cayman the hot ticket is "Swimming with the Stingray" and in Cozumel it is "Swimming with the Dolphins" followed by the "Tulum Ruins Excursion".

However, if you all know you want to do the GC Land and Sea, etc... you are not out anything by pre-booking and assured that all of you can enjoy the experience. JMO -

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
adbance, advance, book, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, excertions, excursion, excursions, isit, lie, long, royal, sell, shore