Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 04:31 AM

Hi everyone. Well we got our March Anniversary Cruise booked a few weeks ago. We decided on Southern Carribean on Adventure of the Seas. I have been on the Navigator but not Adventure. Would love any comments on the So. Carribean Ports AND the ship. Never done either, Can't wait! I LOVE Western Carribean so we'll see what we think about So. We have the Aruba route. (If they change every week, not sure.)
Can't wait to hear from you!
Cyndi
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 06-04-2007, 06:09 AM

The Southern Caribbean is our favorite itinerary. The Adventure was build a year before the Navigator. The two ships are very simular. You won't find "Chops" on the Adventure. We sailed at the end of February last year and the weather was fantastic. If you would like to look a my pics, CLICK HERE.

Sonny
Old 06-06-2007, 06:22 AM

Hi Cyndi,
The southern Caribbean is also my favorite. I have sailed out of San Juan 4 times and going on the Adventure in Feb.08, also the Aruba route. The weather, the islands, the ships....perfect!!! I have not been on the Adventure, but was on the Voyager. The ships are similar and loved the layout. The only drawback is the balconies cannot be opened when you are traveling with friends and family to share one big balcony. But, I am sure we will make do. So far, there are 40 of us on the Feb. 24th sailing.
Enjoy.
kathycruiser

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM

Kathy we are on the very next sailing after you . That's Awesome!
Sonny Why isn't there a chops on a ship that big I wonder?? I like Portofinos anyway.
Sonny.... Going to look at your pictures right now. Thanks
Cyndi
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 PM

I sailed out of PR in Feb. of this year. We love AOS it was big and beautiful and all the ports were fantastic. Brush up on your spanish alot of non english speaking passengers on the cruise. The staff and the food were great. My Hubby and I are planning another real soon. We loved our balcony. It was a great experience. Have fun and have a mango tango drink for me.

Caribbean Cruise Tips
Old 06-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Sonny LOVE LOVE LOVE The Pictures! Which itinery were you on? Where were the pictures taken where the boat rides were inside? Adventure Ocean had a water slide? Is there on e on Navigator too? We didn't take kids on Navigator and we aren't going to this trip either but they would LOVE that! The hotel you stayed in before looked really nice too, did you like it? Do you reccommend it?
Cyndi
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 06-07-2007, 06:17 PM

My DH and I both have moms who taught Spanish and we both used to be pretty good at it.
We have an adopted Mexican Hispanic son and an adopted Puerto Rican hispanic son. We NEED to brush up on it for them too. I am actually looking for a hispanic woman to help with the kids so she can speak it to the boys. Hopefully we will get one before we go and that will help our Spanish too! LOL
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 06-08-2007, 04:32 AM

I met a friend from Canada on my last cruise and we've been emailing everyday, she called tonight to say she was going to be able to go on this cruise with us. I AM SO EXCITED!
Sonny I sent her the link to your pictures.
Thanks
Cyndi
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 06-08-2007, 05:46 AM

Swimmers,
My wife and I went on the eastern route 3 years age and loved the AOS so much we went on the Aruba leg this past Jan. Sonny gave us great advice, the one part we did not take of his was the pre stay hotel. We booked through RCCL and got the best hotel. The hotel was 40 minutes away from the pier; it was nice but nothing there. When just spending one night it seemed a long way to travel. Sonny's hotel looked great and I believe is closer to the ship.
On both itinerates you go to my favorites St Marteen and St Thomas. We loved seeing the Eastern islands of Barbados St Lucia and there was one more I think. Those islands have a large slave population history and are African descent rather than Latino. The culture and history are great. On the Aruba leg Curacao really has improved a lot. We went there 10 years ago on a cruise and hated it. They have made the downtown area reachable by foot. They constructed a large foot bridge crossing the bay from the ship that retracts when ship arrive. When that happens they have free ferries. Nice shopping and people watching there.
Portofino’s is a must! Great food and service.
Have fun and Happy Anniversary.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:06 AM

Mark
Thanks for the advice. We are really excited. We continue to keep doing Western Carribean because I LOVE Mexico and haven't done Eastern or SOuthern route yet so I'm really excited to see some new places. The bridge retracts? That sounds cool. I don't mind the not so touristy places so I can see how people really live.
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, carnival, current, inside, pictures, seas