Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 04:54 AM

If we choose not to buy a soda card, is there any drinking water available? Are there water fountains or must all water be purchased?

Thanks.. couldn't find info on this anywhere.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:07 AM

There is water available; however, I do not recall seeing any water fountains per se.

In the Windjammer eatery where you serve yourself, there is water right there in the buffet/drinks area where the cups, ice, iced-tea and lemonade fountains are.

In the main dining rooms the water is provided by your waiter---tap water on ice. There will be an ice bucket in your stateroom and the water out of the bathroom tap always seems just fine to me.

If you want water with you poolside, just help yourself from the (I'm pretty sure) 24-hour coffee/tea station.

I hope that this helps.

Lana
Old 06-14-2005, 03:47 PM
If you are a water or ice tea drinke, and plan on using the water/tea station in the buffet area, I would suggest you pack a plastic glass. The glasses in the buffet area will only be 6 oz. If you get water from a bar, the glasses will be a little bigger, but not much.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:14 PM

I usually bring a small bottle of water with me for use on the plane, etc. and just refill it from the tap in our cabin bathroom throughout the week. It's great to take along on shore excursions, and of course much less expensive than buying a new bottle every day!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 PM

You can always ask a bartender poolside and they'll serve up one in a glass with ice for you. (even plop a lemon in it too!)
Old 06-15-2005, 07:05 AM

Has anyone brought on a case of their own bottled water? I would like to do that but was wondering if they would let you on with it.

CamperMom
Old 06-15-2005, 10:06 AM

I'm sure they would allow bottled water on in reasonable amounts (not sure about a whole case, but would you really want to pack and carry a whole case?).

Most ships even let people get away with bringing alcohol on board even though it's a stated no no.

I like the bring a bottle (or two) and refill as needed option.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 06-23-2005, 04:03 PM

We cruised last march on Costa Med. We braught on a dozen bottles of water, three cases of pop and 24 case of beer. We also braught on a bottle of vodka and clamato juice. All of the drinks were distributed throughout seven suitcases. We were never stopped and kept all of our drinks in the mini fridge! There was water available but we chose to drink our own.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carrebean, cruise, cruises, dors, drinking, fountain, fountains, on, rcl, royal, ship, ships, vessel, water