Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 AM

Royal Caribbean has been testing its "My Time Dining" on Freedom of the Seas since October, where it has been met with a lot of enthusiasm and success.

One part of the main dining room is set aside for My Time Dining, while traditional dining with the same reserved tables will still be available in the rest of the dining room.

Two more ships will have My Time Dining this summer, and Royal Caribbean now says that all the ships in their fleet will have it by the end of 2008.

Another innovation is "My Family Time" dining. Families with small children have dinner at first seating, and the kids are fed first. Then at 6:40pm, counselors from the Adventure Ocean program come down to the dining room and pick up the kids and take them to activities, while the parents then enjoy dinner without the kids.

My Family Time dining is currently being tested on Majesty of the Seas.

Both of these programs can be reserved in advance, or on embarkation day.

Sandy
Old 05-20-2008, 10:37 AM

That's great news! I really like the "My Family Time" option, it gives the parents a break. They can relax, enjoy their meal, and not have to worry about the children.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator

I was just talking about RCI probably doing this soon! The family option does sound good.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:31 AM

You said this would be implemented by the end of 2008. I have a cruise scheduled for later this year (Sept.) and have already picked a dining time. Is it possible that I will have the "My Time Dining" on my cruise?

Personally, I don't think I like the idea. I like knowing exactly when I will eat each night, and not having to deal with deciding where or when to go. I also like not having to wait on a line if I pick a popular time. But I have also never tried it, so maybe I'm just afraid of change.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Is it possible that I will have the "My Time Dining" on my cruise?
No. If you have an assigned time they won't bump you out of it unless you request My Time Dining, assuming your ship will have it in place in September.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 AM

Some posts done long ago when NCL and Princess first started any time dining options indicated that "anytime dining" was code for less service. I guess if it isn't broken, don't fix it is my take on it. We like the relationship with get with the waitstaff when we see the same people night after night. We'll be sticking with what we know.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-24-2008, 07:50 AM

Just back from a week on board Freedom, MyTime dining is fantastic and worked really well for us. Although our Server told us only 250-300 guests per cruise sign up for it.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
MyTime dining is fantastic and worked really well for us. Although our Server told us only 250-300 guests per cruise sign up for it.
It may take a while to take hold, and for folks to even realize it's an option. It's very popular on other cruise lines and I suspect will become more popular on Royal Caribbean, too.

Sandy
Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I cruise with NCL mostly because of the Freestyle form of dining....I don't mind having first or second seating on any of the other ships, but I just like the freedom to choose when and where I have dinner....and with whom:-)

Ever get a table where you are seated with the people from Hell?...puts a damper on a cruise...

But this is a preference thing and some will love it, and some will hate it...

Just have a happy cruise...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
anytime, caribbean, carnival, carribbean, cruise, dining, freedom, lines, miracle, pick, rccl, reviews, royal, seas, time