Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 05:57 PM

Hi everyone,
Going on RCCL Explorer & have a question about my Blackberry. Unfortunately I do have to keep in touch with my job that week - will it work on board at all ? I was in St. Thomas last year and the phone on the BB did work but not the email. Does any one know the answer ? Thanks !
Old 07-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Whether it works or not I know what I'd be telling them at the office when I got back without a single interuption to my vacation! It's called a vacation for a reason, leave work at work.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-05-2007, 06:20 PM

The best thing to do is probably call your carrier for the black berry and ask if there is anything special you need for the destination you are going to.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:34 PM

I had the same problem, although I had the older, black and white version. Perhaps they've fixed the problem? I would suggest either looking for any solutions from your service provider, or simply tell your work when you get back that it fell in the ocean.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I am not sure about Blackberries, but I brought along my cellphone and it was useless in St. Thomas (except maybe as a paperweight! ). Fortunately, I discovered that the payphones on either end of the Havensight Mall (across the street from the ship)worked well and were cheaper than the payphones at home.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

About the blackberry and your job...give 'em a raspberry (or for you New Yorkers, a Bronx Cheer!).
Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 AM

I too always use the phones at Havensight. And gotta love that pharmacy!

My suggestion is to get an email deal and check in using that method. I know it was not the question for opinions about one's work responsibilities.

But I have to go along with some of the previous posts. A vacation means to "vacate"..or ie "Clock Out". It is my humble opinion that a re-charge of one's batteries and a re-freshing of one's mind is much more valuable for future work productivity.

IslandCruz
Old 07-06-2007, 08:48 PM

How is it possible to enjoy a cruise vacation while keeping you mind on work? It seems it would almost be like being a crew member.

Sonny
Old 07-07-2007, 06:52 AM

Probably the best thing to do is contact RCCL or go to their website. There should be some information there. Celebrity has a new agreement with Cingular Wireless Maritime Service which allows you to make calls while at sea, although roaming charges will apply. GPRS data service also works (blackberry)while at sea. You might want to check with your carrier to see what kind of roaming charges - could be quite high if you are not with AT&T/Cingular? They also must have an agreement with CWMS. I do agree with the others, however..........why take a vacation if you are going to be working? I take vacations to get away from work. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:15 PM

Man, can't you just feel the dedication we all have to work here?

Closed Thread

Tags
blackberry, carribean, cruise, lizzieb730com, royal, ship