Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 12:01 PM

Looking at booking this ship What are the aft cabins ie #904 like? I know the last cruise Carnival Liberty we had the aft cabin with a HUGE balcony, I understand the ones on the RCI ships are not the same but curious if it is worth booking one of those opposed to the regular balconies. Can you see down to the water or is it obstructed? Also anyone been to the Bannister Island Tour in Belize? Looks beautiful.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 09-18-2008, 01:02 PM

We have had aft cabins. On a ship this big remember it is a hike to the stairwell/elevators from the very back. The balconies are bigger. The back of the ship angles downward toward the water so you do look down onto balconies on lower tiers of rooms. The balconies are warmer, sunnier at times, due to the shelter of the ship breaking the wind when underway. We got a lot of cigarette/ cigar smoke even when underway because you are shielded from the wind by the body of the ship. You have to decide what you like: Bigger/less private. More opportunity for sun/other peoples sounds and smells. Seeing down onto other people and them seeing down onto you/being able to see the ports of call no matter what side of the ship faces the island.
2004 Navigator of Seas
2005 Explorer of Seas
2006 Mariner of Seas
2007 Navigator of Seas
Old 09-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Thanks for your input, I do remember it being a hike to our cabin on the Carnival Liberty & Freedom and they are shorter in length. I guess you can consider it "exercise" I just loved the view we had, since the aft of the ship is a different configuration than the carnival ships I can see how the privacy level would be altered somewhat. I'm not too concerned about seeing others, not so sure I want them seeing me Costa Maya was such a pretty port, think I may give up a little privacy, afterall i can just go hide in my cabin for that.
Thanks for your advice.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, balcony, cabin, cabins, can, carnival, cruise, independence, liberty, navigator, peoples, review, reviews, seas, ship, water