Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 06:55 AM

Now that our cruise in getting closer I am starting to have doubts about the day we get off the ship - it happens to be Easter Sunday. What time do you have to be off the ship can you have breakfast before you leave? My kid are older ds 14 and dd 11 but she mentioned yesterday about Easter baskets, so still young enough that she doesn't want to give it up. That being said neither does mom. Should I bring Easter goodies with me and try to hide them in the room or would I be able to buy something on the ship? We did book an excursion that day that will take us to the airport after.

Thanks again

Cathy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Administrator

If you booked an excursion you'll be told to report to a designated area by a certain time. I can't tell you when or where that will be. Breakfast is always served, in both the Windjammer buffet and the main dining room. The dining room will be less hectic and can actually be a quicker choice on debarkation morning instead of fighting for a table at the buffet.

Ships don't have many candy choices. You really won't have much time to go hunting for easter bunnies that morning. Why not simply hide stuff at home before you leave for the cruise and have the easter basket thing when you get home?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:26 AM

Thanks Dave. The excursion we are planning on doing is the Space Centre. Is it safe to assume we would have time for breakfast? I am starting to think we should have rented a car and done our own thing that day. I may take your advice and have the stuff hidden at home.

Cathy

Old 01-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Breakfast opens early on debarkation morning. 6am I believe.

A bit of a warning about the Kennedy Space Center tours - these have minimum guest requirements and are often canceled due to lack of interest. You may not know if your tour will happen (or not) until the last day of the cruise when they have to finalize the tour. On my cruise on the old Sovereign in 2008 I got a note delivered to my cabin on the last afternoon telling me my tour was canceled. That led to a really long and boring day sitting in the Delta Sky Club at MCO from 9am to 4pm when my flight departed.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Do you have any idea what the minimum number of people is? I am starting to think we may be better off to rent a car and spend the day exploring on our own. Our flight is late on Sunday and that would make for a very long day with two kids. I liked the fact that everything was looked after for us but it would be hard to make plans with that short notice.

Cathy

Old 01-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Administrator

No idea of the minimum number.

Closed Thread

Tags
basket, caribbean, carnival, center, centre, cruise, debarkation, easter, excursion, ideas, kennedy, review, royal, ship, space