Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 AM

I just looked up my reservation online..I guess I can now order different types of "packages". I chose the beverage package..Was shocked at price..For 2 people to have soda package was almost $97 (7 day cruise).

Is it worth the price? I think it was around $42 PP PLUS gratuity..Why is there a gratuity charge?

Odd question if I do this (most likely will atleast purchase one for husband) can I buy husbands now then mine at later point?
Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Good morning Candice
Here's the scoop on the packages...If you drink lots of soda, and you don't mind fountain soda, it may be a good deal.
It's about 2.50 for a can of soda, so each time you and your husband order one, it's 5 dollars PLUS 18%.
on a 7 day cruise if you each have 3 a day it works out to be about 125 dollars with tip.

That being said, you will be in port some of the days and not using it to it's full advantage. you can use it on the private islands.

As far as gratuities, expect to have them added to every bar purchase.

You don't have to reserve on line. You can get the beverage package on the first day of the cruise, but if you do reserve on line, your seapass card is stamped and your cups are in your cabin when you board.

You do get a decent insulated cup which is also good for ice water and coffee.
Whatever yo decide..enjoy.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 07-08-2010, 05:54 AM

poormom Godd Morning

Thanks for your help. I'll probally end up getting one for both of us..Will get it online..Get it done and over with
Was planning on having a few other "Surprises" in room for husband Was going to go all out for him, but got to be a little more selective Thanks again

Old 07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I think that it is a ripoff. Not to be mean, but they give you a SMALL cooler cup to get your soda, and, after the bartender puts ice in it, I would be amazed if you got 4oz of soda with each request. At $2.50@ can you get MUCH more soda, and can even ask the bartender to give you a glass of ice too. Unless you drink TONS of soda, all the time, I have found that the package is no where near worth the great cost. The mini-bar in your cabin, and any bar on the ship, have the same price per can. I cannot, however, advise you of the selection of sodas in the can, nor can I advise the selection of fountain soda either.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:44 PM

Candice

Freedom of the Seas is now SUPPOSED TO have self serve fountains for the soda package, which I saw here. I'll find out if this is true when I go on my cruise. I probably won't get the package, but if I see it, I'll let you know of my impressions.

Supposedly, there is a "chip" of some sort in the soda cup that is provided when you get the package, and that activates the fountain when you put your cup under it.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Candice R:
poormom Godd Morning

Thanks for your help. I'll probally end up getting one for both of us..Will get it online..Get it done and over with
Was planning on having a few other "Surprises" in room for husband Was going to go all out for him, but got to be a little more selective Thanks again
As a suggestion, I always get one and then we can share. At least it saves a little bit of money.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Everyone

Thanks.. I did purchase one for husband..Will wait to (or not to) get one for myself.

MCPayne Thanks for info..would love to know what you think. Kinda feel bad for you..Your going to be doing some "work" on the ship

I did end up getting the "6 pack" of juice..Really debating getting water package..I can drink about 80 ounces in a day (about 5 days a week) BUT thinking of just buying on "as needed" basis.

peggyellis..My travel agent said she did samething. As long as I can purchase one on ship I will most likey wait till we board then see what to do

Old 07-10-2010, 06:49 PM

Hi Candice.

Not a problem about doing work on the ship. I also may be getting a water package, as I figure on shore, I may drink at least 2 bottles a day.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 AM

The water on the ship is as pure if not more so than bottled water. Bring a water bottle with you and just fill it up from the buffet or from the sink in your bathroom and ice from your ice bucket in your room. There really is no need to buy water on board.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 AM

penny3333

Thanks for your help..That's most likely what I will do.

Oh ya ordered juice package (2 OJ, 2 Apple and 2 Grapefruit).Now my cruise is NOT untill Oct 24th. I wanted to delete the grapefruit and get 3 OJ and 3 Apple, Not allowed even though cruise isn't for 3 months..Don't understand that.

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, cruise, deal, enchantment, fountain, freedom, good, package, packages, prices, review, seas, share, sharing, ship, soda, sodapackage