Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 07:32 AM

hey,
this site was super helpful with planning my Western Caribbean Cruise back in October, so I figured it was the perfect place to ask this question.

I am leaving in two weeks for the Majesty of the Seas, for a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas. We stop in Nassau and Cococay. Has anyone done a certain excursion in either of these ports, that they would highly recommend?

In Nassau I'd like to check out the Atlantis, maybe someone has a suggestion regarding tours, etc. (I was there 10 years ago, and loved it!) I've never been to Cococay.

Will I be ok to wait until I get to the port to book any excursions? Or, should I book something ahead of time. I learned on my Oct. Cruise, that you can book excursions when you get to the port.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:23 PM

All I can say is it really depends on what you want to do. What I would recommend is doing a tour of Nassau and Paradise island while in Nassau, and definitely try to go see Atlantis. In Coco Cay, if you like parasailing or snorkeling, try to do those activities. I was on the Majesty back in October for my vacation and loved it, and am thinking about another cruise in the near future, but not sure where.

If you know what you want to do, I would book in advance, but that's my opinion.

Coco Cay is a fairly small island, but it is owned by Royal Caribbean, so your ship should be the only one there.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-10-2008, 07:02 AM

If you want to do an excursion, then by all means book early. I'd just grab a cab and go to the Atlantis at Paradise Island. There is a free beach right next door. Coco Cay, definitely a great beach day. It's their private island and it's a great day to kick back and relax. Best wishes and have a wonderful time!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:38 PM

Hey,
thanks a bunch for the replies. Its super helpful. My boyfriend and I booked a snorkeling package for Cococay, Bahamas. Its one of those "snorkel at your leisure all day" packages. So, we are excited about that.

And, for Nassau, we are going to take our chances and make our decision on what to do when we get there. Beach day, cab ride to Atlantis, Tour, who knows?? And, we're not too worried about things being unavailable, or booked up. There are plenty of things to do. Besides, as long as I'm with him, I dont care what we do. We'll have fun no matter what.

I'm getting excited! My vacation starts a few days early, in Miami. Woo-Hoo.

Thanks again for the help!

talk to ya when I get back!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:16 PM

If you're into shopping, if it's not raining, then you may want to check out Bay Street (I think that's the name) in downtown Nassau, within walking distance from the pier. Lots of good stores, and some stores offer discounts if you state that you're on the Majesty. I think you have to check your cruise compass for the names of the stores. You also may want to check out the straw market.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 AM

From what I hear, Nassau isn't the place to for shopping if you want any deals. We usually go to the Atlantis on Paradise Island. If you've never been there, I would highly recommend it. Cabbage Beach is a 5 minutes walk from the Atlantis. There's no charge for Cabbage Beach, and you rent jet skis, go parasailing, or just enjoy the beach.

Sonny
Old 01-19-2008, 05:40 AM

If you have never ridden a Segway, the Segway tour in Nassau was lots of fun.

2nd cruise Majesty OTS - 5/11/07

3rd cruise Freedom of the Seas 4/27/08 Western Caribbean - Hump Balcony!!!

Next Navigator of the Seas 4/6/09 First time to Belize
Old 01-19-2008, 06:04 AM

oh Cruise Guru is right on... shopping is not great in Nassau and I would stay away from the straw market. Take the water taxi to Atlantis and spend your time there. Cococay is great, the water is beautiful, I suggest the jet ski. They take you out to star fish cay and give you the ride of your life. There is a big BBQ going on for lunch and just walking around the island and visiting the shops is fun. There are several bars and a lot of Free Activities as well.... Grab a Hammock and lay back and relax!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, beaches, caribbean, carribean, cococay, cruise, excursion, excursions, january, nassau, recommend, reviews, royal, stay, water