Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2006, 05:15 AM

This is my first Rcc, I have previously cruised on disney. I am curious as to how do you know what table you are to sit at during dinner? When we cruised with disney they put our table number on our documents. Our Rcc documents do not have anything on them? Thanks!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:24 AM

When you check in for your cruise, you'll be given a SeaPass card, which will have your dining information on it. The card is also your room key, ship's credit card, and boarding pass, all rolled into one.

Sandy
Old 05-24-2006, 06:39 AM

Thanks so much for the information
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 AM

just to add....first thing i do after boarding, besides drinking, is hit the dining room maitre d' to find out how big my table is....adjust accordingly.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:55 AM

One thing I've noticed about dining seating...on my first few cruises, before I was "smart enough" to ask for a certain table location, etc., the table we were assigned were almost always by the windows or in a great location. When I decided to try specifying my preferences in advance (which RCI strongly discourages, BTW - you have to get a fax number and fax them your preferences, which is a big hassle, and all they will do is acknowledge that they have made note but they will never give you your table assignment in advance, and usually when I get there the maitre d' claims be never saw the note) our tables were always exactly what we didn't want! Then I would have to argue with the maitre d' to try to change and they never make it easy. So....at this point, I've decided to go back to my original technique of not bothering to ask, and maybe we'll end up with a great table like we did in the beginning. Maybe they just don't like people who make noise -- in the RCI tradition of NOT catering to their "frequent flyers." Just my observation.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:01 AM

Hi Signalk,
Your remark in your last sentence kind of jumped out at me. RCI tradition of NOT catering ... I thought it was just me that made that observation. I've never had an upgrade, never got a special deal, had to fight for a table change, and don't seem to get any different treatment than a first time cruiser. Am I expecting too much from Royal Caribbean after 30 cruises with them? I have to admit though, I did get a two night cruise on the Freedom. I should just shut up.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:00 PM

Hi, Sonny,

I meant what I said and I said what I meant. It totally amazes me how little RCI caters to their Platinum or, in your case, Diamond members. Those memberships are not worth the cards they're stamped on. Wow! A 2-Night cruise! Did they give you a set of oars? After 9 or so RCI cruises (usually with an extended family of 8 with 4 balcony cabins, and many European cruises) my Mom complained about a bad $30 manicure, and what did they do -- send her a letter of apology! Not even a discount on her next bad manicure or, heaven forbid, a free one! I'm surprised they named a ship FREEDOM, because I didn't think FREE was in RCI's lexicon. Sure, you can upgrade to a suite on the ship, as long as you pay the difference between your cabin and the brochure price of $10,000. Cash only, please (US Dollars preferred). And, as stated above, forget about trying to request a decent table at dinner ("we can make note of requests but no guarantees, hee hee"). The icing on the cake was when they put us on some lousy flights to/from Europe where the flights were so cramped, and we had such bad connections (instead of non-stops) that we nearly missed the connecting flights.

I was ready to switch to another line, but my teenagers love RCI and I'm afraid that if we switch they'll be miserable, which means so will we. And, we do get $200 off balcony cabins; it's not much after what we've spent, but it pays for a few drinks. Literally. And, of course, there is the 5% discount off of RCI logo items in the gift shop. Yet, who's going on the Explorer July 15 (and looking forward to it too, I might add)? Yup, the gang. So, who's smarter than whom?
Old 05-26-2006, 02:08 PM

Not to throw salt in the wounds (and yes they are pricey but...) Seabourn awards a free 14 day cruise where/whenever they cruise after you have sailed 140 days! And of course they are all inclusive, cater to every whim, etc., etc., etc. A friend of mine took her freebie last year.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the info, but....by the time I was on my 140th day on Seabourn there would be a ship of equal size following mine with all of my creditors lined up to take my house, car, and firstbourn.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:38 AM

Hi to all,

I just came acroos this site, I usually post on Cruise Critic. I gree with you Sonny and Signal I do think it is about time that RCCL took alook at their C&A like yourselves we have not experienced any upgrades at all, sure you get $200 off a balcony or higher but I reckon that they should at least every 20 cruises or so give you an upgrade to something nice. The upgardes we have had have been in return for some troubles we have encountered whilst on board one or two ships.I must admit concierge club is a wee bonus, but they need to extend to all of the fleet not just the larger ships. My girl and I were also invited onboard Freedom for a 1 day from Southampton but unfortunately were on vacation in Mexico on the 29th May, date of the freebie!! never mind maybe next time We are on Splendour 08/25 and then b-to-b on Radiance 11/25. This will be our 35th cruise with RCCL, so we DO like their product.Anyway thanks for letting me sound off!!

Helen
Scotland UK

Closed Thread