Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2006, 01:23 AM

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are taking this cruise on May14, 2006. I was wondering if anyone who has been on this ship could tell me alittle bit about it and maybe some pointers I should keep in mind to make thing at ease. This cruise goes to Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel. If there is anyone who could give me any info on them ports such as fun things to do or just what local beach is good that would be great. Any help given to this still novice cruiser would be great. Lastly, is getting liquor onboard pretty easy as for when i took my first cruise on carnival i put it in checked bags and had no problem. Any help here would be great.
Thanks,
John
Old 04-20-2006, 06:40 AM

Hi,
It's been awhile since we've been on the Rhapsody. It's a beautiful ship and the food was great. It was launched in 1997. It can take 2,000 passengers and has a tonnage of 78,000. There are 11 decks on a "Vision class ship".
I recommend the stingray tour in Grand Cayman. We used Captain Marvin ... www.captainmarvins.com.
In Ocho Rios I recommend Dunn's river falls.
I haven't ever tried to bring liquor onboard but I know a few people to it. Some put it in a plastic bottle. Make sure you use bubble wrap or something to keep it from breaking. Keep you luggage under 50 pounds.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:36 PM

hi there! as far as the liquor, i always put it in the bags and never had a problem! in ocho rios u can go the the dunns river falls and u don't need to buy the excursion on the ship, once u'r at the port just go out and u'll c the locals who organize the transportation to/from the fallsl make sure u have cash to pay for the cab fare, for the entrance to the falls and to tip the guides, they also take really cool pix; and make sure to protect your camera from getting wet; this trip is lots of fun! u'll need rubber water shoes (they'r about $5 in the walmart); in the cayman the snorkling and sting ray is a must! really awsom, u'll love it! they also take pix and make a movie while u snorkle and swim w/stingray! have fun!
Quote:
Originally posted by JLUT77:
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are taking this cruise on May14, 2006. I was wondering if anyone who has been on this ship could tell me alittle bit about it and maybe some pointers I should keep in mind to make thing at ease. This cruise goes to Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel. If there is anyone who could give me any info on them ports such as fun things to do or just what local beach is good that would be great. Any help given to this still novice cruiser would be great. Lastly, is getting liquor onboard pretty easy as for when i took my first cruise on carnival i put it in checked bags and had no problem. Any help here would be great.
Thanks,
John
Old 04-20-2006, 12:43 PM

I would also recommend the Dunn's Falls in Jamaica - whether you take the ships tour or save a few bucks and do it on your own. It's really beautiful and fun to climb up them. Water shoes are totally necessary and when your 'guide' offers to carry your camera I would let him. You should tip him a few bucks at the end but he will take pictures of you in the falls and keep your camera safe and dry so it's worth it.

In the Caymans the Stingray City tour is just wonderful - if you aren't afraid of stingrays. I would buy a water camera before you cruise in any drug store/Walmart type as you will pay less than a third of what they will charge you on the ship or tour. The rays are very soft and friendly so you will get to hold them - yes the smaller ones can be held for a cute picture, and feed them. This is also a tour that you can do through the cruise line - you will pay more, or on your own.

In Cozumel I usually just take a cab to California beach. It's not too far - there are plenty of cabs there to catch one on the way back, and it does have facilities and food and drink should you want to pay for it.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-20-2006, 10:33 PM

Thank you everyone who has answered so far! But, i am not a big fan of the falls even though everyone says go. s there anything else anyone can suggest in ocho rios? Thanks for the help

John

Closed Thread