Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 AM

Im sure you have heard this ? a million times but i cant seem to get a clear answer. I will xplain my concern. My brother (18) and my gf (20) are trying to go on a cruise but cant figure out what the exact age rules are. I am 21 and am my brothers legal guardian, will that be an issue?
This is what rccl states, "No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be reserved in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians". is this saying that since I am 21 I can take both of them? I know Carnival you have to be 25. Is there anyway to get around this? Thanks
Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

If I had to guess, I would say it would be a No to both on Carnival. They are very strict about the 25 years of age rule.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:13 PM

For Royal Caribbean, someone in each room has to be at least 21 years old. If you are 21, you can have roommates who are under 21, but those under 21 can not be booked into a cabin without you.

Sometimes exceptions are made for children of parents who are in a connecting cabin.

For Carnival, the same rule applies except the age is 25, and not 21. Royal Caribbean used to require someone be 25 too, but they lowered it to 21 a couple of years ago.

Sandy
Old 07-29-2008, 11:25 AM

My wife & I (both age 51) are taking my 19 yr old daughter and her 20 yr old friend who are in a cabin 2 doors away from ours. As long as the cabins are near each other, RCL will accomodate your request.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:40 PM

If the cabins are near the parents they will allow it. If a 21 YO is traveling with friends under 21, this will not allow an add'l cabin, even next door or connecting unless someone 21 or over is in each. For the original poster, you can book a triple (cabin for 3) and be fine since you're 21 and would be in the cabin and the responsible adult. This works only with RCCL policy. With Carnival the responsible adult would have to be 25.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
age, book, cabin, carnival, carribean, cruise, forum, limit, limits, lines, rccl, restrictions, room, royal, rule, strict, year