Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator

This reminds me of the time my old high school buddy started putting together groups from his IBM plant to go to Giants football games. He'd charter a bus, get tickets, etc., and give each employee a flat price. I went on a couple of these trips when I was home on leave. It started out with people bringing six-packs to drink on the bus ride. By the time he ended it, people were actually showing up at the bus with kegs to set up in the back of the bus. People were blind drunk by the time they got to the Meadowlands for the game. On the last trip, two guys managed to get arrested for being drunk in public before they got to the gate. After that episode, the bus line refused to do any more business with them.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:57 PM

...too many opinions on this I think! . We are a group of adults going on a cruise not a bunch of school kids taking a bus to a sporting event. Besides what does it matter to others who brings what on board? I thought this cruise chat was to be unbias and to help others, not scold. I was sharing information for those interested and those who are not, well then this post is not for you to comment on. I understand and respect the "policies" of not bringing alcohol on board. I am not bringing it on board but ordering through a company who is reccommeded and supported by the Cruise Lines. Don't think the bottle of rum & beer I ordered is going to bankrupt RCL. If this is such a terrible thing to do then maybe the name and number should have been "deleted" from jjomaski's post so no one else would be able to benefit from this. Obviously the cruise lines are fully aware of this company bringing liquor etc on board as they charge a surcharge. So if it is so against "policy" then why are they allowing this to continue?

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Leigh:
...too many opinions on this I think! . We are a group of adults going on a cruise not a bunch of school kids taking a bus to a sporting event. Besides what does it matter to others who brings what on board? I thought this cruise chat was to be unbias and to help others, not scold. I was sharing information for those interested and those who are not, well then this post is not for you to comment on. I understand and respect the "policies" of not bringing alcohol on board. I am not bringing it on board but ordering through a company who is reccommeded and supported by the Cruise Lines. Don't think the bottle of rum & beer I ordered is going to bankrupt RCL. If this is such a terrible thing to do then maybe the name and number should have been "deleted" from jjomaski's post so no one else would be able to benefit from this. Obviously the cruise lines are fully aware of this company bringing liquor etc on board as they charge a surcharge. So if it is so against "policy" then why are they allowing this to continue?
Who is scolding anyone? My post was just meant as a humorous annecdote on what can happen when things get carried away. And anyone can comment on any post in this forum, thank you very much. That includes both those who agree and those who do not.

The fact that the company's beverage service is allowed, and was verified by jjomaski, is why I didn't delete the contact info for Shelley. In fact, it was me who posted a weblink for her company in another thread.

Maybe you ought to open one of those bottles of rum and have a drink! This thread is nothing to get hot under the collar about!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:45 PM

Actually Dave, I could be wrong, but I think Leigh was scolding you.

I say if the line allows it than it must be the difference between the wording of "bringing alcohol on board" and actually having it shipped to your stateroom. If that is the case people should feel free to order what they want without the accompanying sense of shame or fear of being found out.

If they allow it, they allow it only until they get their corporate lawyers to re-word the policy to forbid it.

Remember, these are the cruise lines that we love and chat about with great loyalty in many cases. I don't object to their policies and I abide by them with a clear conscience. Sneaking things aboard to me is the equivalent of "school kids taking a bus to a sporting event."

Sorry Leigh that is my bias, hope you agree that I am free to express it.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Administrator

I don't know what type of marketing agreement "this company" (as we'll call it) has with the cruise lines, but I have little doubt that the cruise line is getting a chunk of the $48 dollars being charged for a case of beer. And that is fine. It is apparently allowed and therefore no passenger should feel guilty about using this service. Personally I don't want to fool with it and will continue to buy my drinks from the ship. But if someone wants to call Shelley, then more power to you!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:31 PM

Hey Dave, when you become a diamond member you won't have to pay any more drinks.

Sonny
Old 02-14-2007, 05:07 PM

Chef Ken, I was not scolding anyone I was just reponding to the "humerous anecdote" from Dave and the sarcasm from tncruiseman which I took as derogatory comments towards my last post. Again, I was not planning on "sneaking" anything on board so yes, my conscience is clear. The Cruise Lines make $5 off every order which is not a big chunk but I would guess it is good enough as they have not yet asked their "corporate lawyers" to change the wording to forbid it. I have nothing but good to say about cruising, I love it and love talking to people about it, although I do find somepeople to be a little too overly concerned with the welfare of the Cruise Lines. After paying them $6692.44 (cruise only) and thats in US funds I came to the conclusion that they are doing just fine and don't think I need to feel guilty about ordering my bottle! and if its all the same to you Dave I think I will wait till I'm on board to open that bottle and anyone wishing to join me is more than welcome. So Chef Ken.....bascially as long as we agree with those who disagree then we will all agree
Cheers to the day we can all become diamond members!
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Leigh:
although I do find some people to be a little too overly concerned with the welfare of the Cruise Lines.
It isn't that I am overly concerned for the cruise lines welfare but rather I am concerned with the lack of respect some people have for rules in general....whether they are cruise ship rules, port rules, airline rules, etc. And I am not talking about you.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:47 PM

Why is it that the topic's with "alcohol" in the subject always end wth "agruements"? You would think that with as often as the subject comes up, that we would all know each other's opinions on the matter.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
Why is it that the topic's with "alcohol" in the subject always end wth "agruements"? You would think that with as often as the subject comes up, that we would all know each other's opinions on the matter.
Yes, one must wonder about that Jim, especially among the "regular" forum members who know where I stand, where you stand, where Sonny stands, where tncruiseman stands, etc. Yet it never seems to fail that somebody posts "the alcohol question" and we fight the battle all over again. It is like getting caught in a spatial anomaly on a Star Trek episode, where we repeat things over and over. I am so sick of it!

Closed Thread

Tags
1, alcohol, beer, carnival, cruise, cruises, fascination, leigh, liquor, miami, prices, room, security, serve, victory