Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 10:13 PM

does anyone have pictures of the art that appears on the Adventures of the Seas stair cases, created by Magne F? If anyone going on this ship would be so kind to post any pictures of it on the ship, I would greatly appreciate it! thanks!
some of the art is pictured here:

http://www.kunstverket.no/sub_sider/...er2.asp?Key=10
Old 01-02-2006, 10:13 PM

does anyone have pictures of the art that appears on the Adventures of the Seas stair cases, created by Magne F? If anyone going on this ship would be so kind to post any pictures of it on the ship, I would greatly appreciate it! thanks!
some of the art is pictured here:

http://www.kunstverket.no/sub_sider/...er2.asp?Key=10
Old 01-03-2006, 11:07 AM

I am going on the Adventure of the Seas January 29th I will take pictures of the art work for you. I have never been on this ship before and am very excited for our vacation.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:13 PM

Thank you so much JoDee! I really appreciate it!

The specific artwork I wanted to see is created by Magne Furuholmen.

It is located in the following areas:
- glassart-pieces for each floor of the staircase and some jars (placed next to the artpieces in the corners)-- On the 3 middle decks the glass paintings are surrounded by the ceramic jars.

- the chapel

the pictures in the following link may help: http://www.kunstverket.no/sub_sider/...er2.asp?Key=10

Magne F is one of my favorite artists, and I didn't even realize when I was on the ship that it was his artwork! I didn't even go to the chapel! Drats, I can kick myself for that! I'm thinking of booking another cruise on the Adventures of the Seas just to see it again! (hey, any excuse is good for booking another cruise no?)

Have fun on your cruise. You will love this ship! (I've also been on the Explorer, and I thought that the Adventures was more beautiful in it's decor -- other than that the ships are similar, as you probably already know! although I thought that the food was also slightly better on Adventures..)

Closed Thread

Tags
aadventure, adventrue, adventure, adventures, art, artwork, caribbean, carribean, furuholmen, magne, november, piece, royal, seas, works