Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Hello. I am looking for advice on how to book a spa treatment for my lovely wife for a Majesty of the Seas cruise scheduled for Feb 19th. I would like to schedule one of the packages and paid for it ahead of time. Any feedback would be appreciated. BTW - Majesty is in drydock for the next 30 days so I am not sure if any contact can be made directly with the spa area as it is under renovation.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:45 PM

Hello. Well, unfortunately we are not allowed to prebook for the spa. You can only book once on board. I would suggest, AS SOON as you board, go to the spa and make an appt. This is what I usually do. Even then, sometimes, I still don't get the times I would prefer. It really books up fast. If you wait, you will probably be able to book an appt, just not the package you prefer or the time. Trust me, they book up FAST. You can also call and make an appt from you room, they will help you select over the phone, according to the day and time you want. Sometimes, they can only do certain longer spa stuff during certain times. Anyways, the prices are cheaper, about $20 if you get it done while the ship is in port. The massages start at about $99 if done in port. They also usually have "couples massage class", where you learn to give a proper massage to each other. Also, the tip is not included in the price, it is usually 15-20%. The spas on RCCL are the Elemis spa, they are headquarted in London, and have website. I love their spas, I even got my husband hooked on getting a massage with every cruise. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Next time go Princess; you can book your spa services (and shore excursions) starting 120 days before sailing.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:26 PM

I had a wonderful hot rock massage on the Jewel of the Seas on friday which I scheduled as soon as I boarded the ship. The reason you cannot book ahead is because RCCL doesn't own the Spa and salon, they lease the space to the aforementioned company. Be prepared to pay premium prices. My hot rock was $190 before tip. A regular swedish massage for full body was $105, and a half body was $72. Also, a shampoo and blow-dry for formal night will cost you $39 plus tip. Please remember to tip those poor people. Most of them work twelve to fifteen hour days, six days a week! Also, if you get quoted a price for a package, make sure you write down the name of the person who quoted it to you. If they were wrong and you don't know who told you, you're SOL and have to pay the higher price.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Actually, Princess leases space to the salon and spa operators also; but apparently they just work more closely with their vendors.

Closed Thread

Tags
appt, book, caribbean, cruise, cruises, majesty, package, pre, princess, rccl, royal, seas, service, spa