Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 AM

I'm going on my first cruise - 5 days and
All the information I've read says that there will be a formal night and then the rest of the nights will be casual or smart casual and to wear a sundress or something like that for the ladies. I was wondering if anyone wears jeans to dinner at all during the cruise. I was going to take some dressy jeans and wear with heels and nice shirt, would this be okay? or would I be out of place?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Although the official policy is no jeans at dinner, I have worn them and have seen others wearing them and I've never seen anyone booted out of the dining room. I've always found it ironic that Royal Caribbean say no jeans on one hand, but on the other hand they often have a country-western theme night. I think they are aiming at jeans that are thread bare and full of holes. If you wear good ones you should be fine.

By the way, I have seen people politely stopped at the dining room entrance because they were wearing shorts.

Shorts, t-shirts, jeans (even those with holes), are not a problem for breakfast and lunch seatings.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:37 PM

hm200007,

while I usually don't wear blue jeans at dinner, I've worn nice black ones several times and I don't think they were by any means not proper attire.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 04-03-2006, 12:58 PM

I guess I'm in the minority here. We were on Mariner earlier in March, and I did not see a single adult wearing jeans in the dining room. There were a few teenaged boys that wore jeans - but no adults.

I wore capris on casual nights, and most women were in either capris, skirts or sundresses. I would not have felt comfortable in jeans, because of the requested dress-code, and also the heat. To me, jeans are just about the least comfortable pants to wear once the temperature warms up and humidity increases.

On Mariner they did not have western night - they had 2 formal nights, and a tropical/beach night.

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 04-03-2006, 01:00 PM

I'm not even bringing a pair of jeans on our cruise. Way too hot. Skirts and linen pants it is!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:17 PM

Hi Georgi,
right you are! Linen trousers and a casual shirt, may be a blazer in the evening: thatīs it. At home I never go in jeans (blue jeans?!?) in a good restaurant. Why do it at sea????
And donīt go in shorts to the dinner!!!!!
Have a nice cruise
Uwe
Old 04-03-2006, 02:26 PM

Exactly. I have a couple dresses I'm going to bring in case we decide to even go in the dining room. Last year we just ate in the buffet. We didn't care...we had a great time. The menus were pretty much the same, only the buffet had more (obviously ). I do want to do one of the casual dining nights this year, though. I think I'm all set with formal night. I'm thinking of just wearing either a nice skirt with a nice top, or one of the dresses I'm going to bring. I'm going for comfort.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:18 PM

Sometimes, I wonīt change my cloth for formal dinner, I prefere like you the buffet. Its more easy, you can eat what you want. And if something smells great, you will go for another spoon full...You do not have to wait for the next dishes. But once on a cruise, ore twice, I will be pretty dressed and enjoy the dinig room atmosphere.
Uwe
Old 05-20-2006, 05:39 AM

I have been on a few cruises with Royal Caribbean and have NEVER seen anyone wearing jeans at dinner except for the first night when they hadn't gotten their luggage by dinner time! The dining room is gorgeous and I myself, would feel totally out of place wearing jeans! Half the fun of nice dining is dressing the part, why would you want to wear jeans? YOu don't have to wear a tux or gown every night, just dress as if you were going out to dinner at a nice restaurant .
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 AM

No matter how long you search the RCCL website, you will NOT find anyplace that says jeans are forbidden in the dining room. RCCL offers guidelines on what is appropriate to wear in the dining room (see below), but jeans are not even mentioned.
Here is what RCCL suggests:
"What are the dress codes onboard?
There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are: Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women
Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women
Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women"

LL
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast Repo - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, bringing, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, dining, dinner, dinning, jeans, linen, main, nice, pants, room, royal