Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 AM

Hi all ,
we have finally booked our cruise chose to sail out of Miami in April to Labadee ,Ocho Rios ,George Town & Cozumel I thought u might be able to recommend some shore excursions at each port that might suit kids aged 18 ,15 ,13 the swim with the dolphins sounds good but would you do it in Jamacia or Mexico ?

thankyou
Old 02-12-2010, 06:24 AM

My husband and I were just there in December. Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman was awesome! (and it's about 1/2 the price of swimming with the dolphins.) The shops in Cozumel seemed much more expensive than I remembered from previous years, so I would recommend an excursion. The high winds shut down all water activities while we were there, so I don't have any suggestions I hope you have a great cruise!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:34 PM

Thankyou SC NATIVE

I will look into stingray city at Grand Cayman this sounds like a great option . I am concerned about our stop at Ocho Rios is it safe ? Is it a bit like Bali with the locals tring to sell u their wears ?
we are all so exited about coming to America only 43 sleeps to go
Old 02-13-2010, 06:00 PM

I was a little nervous in Ocho Rios, but we were fine in the end. The rain closed Dunn's River Falls, so we took a taxi to a place called Scotchies for lunch. Our waiter Ricardo, who was from Ocho Rios, recommended it. It was the best jerk chicken and jerk pork that I have ever eaten! We also ate beef patties at a place called Juicy Beef that was excellent as well.

After being in Labadee, I could not take anymore of the local markets. The shops were very small, and the sales people often made me feel trapped. There were several shopping centers where you could get souvenirs without being overwhelmed.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 AM

Thankyou for the resturant advice I think I will see what else to do in Jamacia depending on the weather all the sites recommend a visit to Dunns falls
I checked out stingray city and one of the tours you could go on wave runners sounds like a real hoot but when I told my family about the adventure they all said they would not get in the water with the stingrays not after what happend to poor Steve Irwin so have been looking in to booking royale dolphin swim in Cozumel hope it lives up to the hipe and cost ?

Closed Thread