Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 08:52 AM

To celebrate my 50th birthday, our party of four women (my college pal and two 18 year olds who are also celebrating their high school graduation) will sail the western Carribbean on Grandeur of the Seas April 17. It would be a dream come true to have dinner with the captain -- any advice on how to make this dream a reality? Many thanks.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:31 AM

It helps if anybody in the group has sailed with Royal Caribbean frequently. It is very customary for passengers who book one of the high end suites to get an invitation. Other than that, you are at the mercy of the "cruise gods" and the ship's whim. A special birthday celebration is not cause enough to be recognized - unless of course one of you happens to be a famous celebrity.
There is probably no harm in asking the hotel manager to see if it can be arranged, however. Good luck!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-30-2006, 11:14 AM

Thank's Nancy. Who is the hotel manager? We booked directly through RCI.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:49 AM

Kathy,
There is a hotel manager on every ship. I do not know specifically who the Grandeur's hotel manager is, but you can request to speak to him (her) by going to the Guest Relations desk once you get onboard.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-30-2006, 06:17 PM

Kathy, one additional note, the Captain may be eating in the dining room just once, maybe twice, during the course of the week. This usually happens on the formal nights onboard, and he may eat only once, during either main or late seating. So it's really only a very few people who actually get to eat with him.

Sandy
Old 01-30-2006, 06:49 PM

During our Splendour cruise we had a couple that had over 80 cruises with RCCL. Each evening they had someone from the staff eating with them. Hotel Manager, C & A rep. Doctor etc. It came to our knowledge that due to the weather that we kept running into during the evening the Capt was doing his job on the bridge.

So as Nancy noted they do not eat with the passengers very much.
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 02-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Thanks again. Another question. Is it possible to have a list in advance of spa services and prices on Grandeur?
Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy's Birthday:
To celebrate my 50th birthday, our party of four women (my college pal and two 18 year olds who are also celebrating their high school graduation) will sail the western Carribbean on Grandeur of the Seas April 17. It would be a dream come true to have dinner with the captain -- any advice on how to make this dream a reality? Many thanks.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:18 PM

Kathy I had a price list somewhere working on locating it but if you go to\

Spa services

It will give you a good idea what is available.
Some friends of ours have done at least one massage each cruise and they love it.
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 02-02-2006, 01:57 AM

Hi Kathy,

we had the honor, the eat with the Captian during Captains dinner.

I knew the Maitre D from other ships and he is the person, who disposes, together with the headwaites, who will sit at the Captians table.
We were really astonished, when he came to our table, asking, if it would be a problem to eat at late seating the following evening. I did not know, what he was talking about. We said okay, why not and then he told us, he would invite us to the Captains table. And it was an invitation for the whole table, we were 7 persons, but 3 american tablemates did not want to join us, because they wanted to eat early, because they have problems eating late. So 4 other people were invited.
We got a formal invitation to our cabin, got a special menue card, signed by the captain and an offical photo.
We had a wonderful evening and we saw many envious people.

The Captain told us, that hes eating only once on a cruise in the dining room. We saw him several times in the Windjammer, taking his lunch and going back to the bridge our his office.

Marita

Old 02-02-2006, 06:00 AM

The list is helpful but I would appreciate a price list -- of course it is subject to change but it would give me an idea. Many thanks if you happen to find it.

Closed Thread