Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 07:43 AM

Not a very important question - are there blow dryers in the cabin?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:57 AM

Yes, RC provides hair-dryers in all cabins on all ships. They are most often found in the desk/vanity drawer or on a shelf in the closet.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-12-2006, 01:25 PM

there are no irons on board, though. Its another big gouging technique to strip passengers out of every last cent. Take some wrinkle free spray with you.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:56 PM

MAJ. Woody,
While there is no question that the cruise lines make money off of the laundry/dry cleaning service onboard, that is not the primary reason for no irons in the cabins. They are considered a fire hazard and are now being confiscated if discovered in your luggage. I do regret that RC does not have a self-service laundry on board, however, as some other cruise lines do.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-12-2006, 02:43 PM

Hi Nancy,
The self service laundry is not the problem.
I'm talking about having ONE iron per deck for a last minute "freshening up" of a shirt.
The hair dryer is a bigger fire hazard than the iron. Its called Gouging!!! They dont even offer any "wrinkle free" spray for sale in the ships store.
Its just common sense!!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:56 PM

MAJ. Woody,
The self-service laundry I was referring to is the SAME as your request for a room with an iron per deck. Actually, on most cruise lines that offer a self-service laundry - it is the ironing option that is used most frequently. The hair dryers RC provides are ones that are not a fire hazard, as they have a power button that must be held down the whole time or it shuts off. Granted people can bring their own hair dryers which can be considered a fire hazard. However, the difference is one does not leave their hair dryer running when not in use. Irons ARE left on, thus their definition of a fire hazard. Please do not misinterpret my message. I agree that RC's policy is a form of price gouging (when they don't offer a self-service option). I just wanted to identify the reasoning behind NO irons in the cabin. On another note, if the ship sold "wrinkle free" spray for sale in the ship's store, you could interpret that as another form of price gouging (much cheaper to bring your own).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-12-2006, 06:58 PM

Nancy,
I dont know about the rest of the ship, but cabin #7518 onboard LOS has a switch that stays on even if your hand is off of it, with accesible heating elements that a "Cruise compass" made of paper (a known combustable) can ignite- of course with the right moron operating it.
I realize you work for or represent RCL in one way or another, but please do not candy coat this BS policy! Call it what it is....GOUGING.>
BTW, When did they stop manufacturing irons that turned off by themselves??!!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:53 AM

Nancy does not work for or represent RCL in anyway. She simply is trying to help people with her expertise.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:16 AM

MAJ. Woody,
You make me laugh! Me work for RCL or represent them in anyway - HA! NOT ON YOUR LIFE!! I am not sure why you seem so upset with me - I did not candy coat anything! I agreed with you that not having a self-service laundry/ironing room on RCL WAS a form of price gouging. I just tried to explain company policy on irons in the cabins (BTW - this policy holds true for all the cruise lines I have sailed). As for irons: While I know that many irons have an automatic shut-off, none of the TRAVEL irons I have seen/used have an automatic shut-off (not to say there aren't any - it's just not the typical travel iron).

Of course, steamers ARE permitted in the cabins and I have found them to be more effective for those little touch-ups than a travel iron anyway. Just a suggestion, if you wish to avoid being PRICE GOUGED.

Cruise Fanatic,
Thanks for coming to my defense. Interesting how just providing facts can be so misconstrued.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-13-2006, 03:49 PM

Nancy,
It isnt that I am upset with you. It just appeared that you were trying to justify this bogus "policy".
Dont get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed my cruise, my second with RCL. they are indeed top notch. But I dont like being held over a barrel when all I want is to look sharp on formal night. I missed a formal night with pictures and if I had access to an iron for 2 minutes all would have been well. Can you feel my pain, Sister?? !!
If you dont have an Iron, let me buy a Steamer onboard. Or some wrinkle free spray (go ahead, mark it up) THROW ME A BONE HERE!
Can I get an AMEN? I just dont like looking like a rag-a-muffin. Whether its from my bad planning or anyone elses!
If I have offended you in any way, I am truly sorry. Some of your wording was interpreted as sarcastic. No biggie.

Happy cruising........

Closed Thread

Tags
blow, cabin, caribbean, caribean, crusie, dryer, dryers, fier, hair, hazard, purpose, rc, room, royal, serve, ships