Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2006, 08:01 AM

We're returning on Navigator to Miami on Dec 9. They say we'll arrive at Port at 7AM, but won't start disembarking until 9:30. My aunt has a flight from Miami at 11:05 AM. I don't see how she could make this flight. Am I wrong??
Old 11-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Debarkation will probably start earlier than that, but even with that she'll be pressed. She needs to be in the priority group for early flights which will get her off the ship in the first group - or if she does the self-debarkation and can carry all of her bags she will also be one of the first to exit the ship.

Making the flight is doable but you need to hope for no glitches. It won't take much of a glitch to mess her up.

Was this the only flight available? It is generally not a good idea to book a flight that leaves before noon.

Which flight is it?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 PM

Your aunt will need to talk to the Purser's office few days before disembarking the ship. Do not forget to bring the air ticket with her.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 AM

Which airlines? The last cruise we did - American Airlines was there at port in Miami - (There's a small fee - WORTH IT) - we check our bags there - got our airline ticket there.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:36 PM

Dave56, We are somewhat in the same boat as above, Navigator returning Jan 13 at 7:00 AM. We booked a flight for 2:02 with American Airlines but AA has now (months later) advised us that our booking has been changed to an AA flight leaving from Miami at 11:40 AM. This is obviously part of the trend of airlines trying to consoladate flights to same money and stay in business.

Any other suggestions? Also, is it true that American Airlines has a luggage and ticket pickup at the Port of Miami as listed below? I'm sure I'd pay the fee.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-02-2006, 03:52 PM

we get back at 7am and our flight leaves Miami at 11:40, do you think we will be ok? Should we ask to get off the ship early? Does American Airlines have a shuttle there?? Please help!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Administrator

It's possible to make an 11:40 flight, although it might be tight. As Shanghia 100 noted above, stop by the pursers' desk during the cruise to ask for early disembarkation, and have your ticket with you. Then, when you get your tags for disembarkation, make certain they are the right ones for early departures.

When leaving the pier, take a taxi. Do not wait for any shuttles (that includes cruise line transportation) as they tend to wait for the vehicle to fill up.

At the airport, if you encounter long lines, mention your flight time to one of the airline employees and you may get moved ahead in line. This is for both checking your luggage and security. Every time I've flown in the past couple of months, I've always seen people allowed to move ahead in the security line if their flight was about to leave.

Mamaza, if the 11:40 flight is a little too close for comfort, you can ask AA if there are any later flights available. If so, they should switch you at no charge to you. This happened to us last year (different airline, though) -- and it worked to our advantage as we ended up with a non-stop flight, something we didn't have before.

Closed Thread