Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 06:09 PM

Anyone have any info that i should know about before leaving on sunday april 29th. (such as prices of stuff, internet price for a week, the dinners, etc....
Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Hello kaylajordan and welcome to cruise-chat;

I'm trying to find a way to put this without sounding sarcastic, because I really don't mean it that way, but---you're leaving in three days and your're just starting to ask questions? You really haven't put much thought into this have you--none of my business, mind you.

There are a lot of people here willing to help you out, but first we need a little more information--like what ship, where are you going, how long, where are you coming from, things like that.

Also, there are a million details involved in a cruise; it would help if you were a little more specific with your questions.

So fire away! We're here to help.

Rick
Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

And you better hurry with those questions inasmuch as 'ol f-mattox is on a cruise ship bound for Hawaii in less than 24 hours. He'll answer as many as he can with diplomacy and a wealth of knowledge and experience. Use him (and the rest of us!).

San Pedro, Rick? If so, when you're passing FCI Terminal Island, do me a favor and give a polite wave and "hello" to Bobby, a friend of mine who ventured to the other side of the law and lost. Thanks.

Oh, and once again, happy trails, smooth seas, good food, and fine company!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Thank you again, G.C.;

so you're saying Bobby fought the law and the law won? I hear a song in there someplace.

I think I mentioned before I played a concert at T.I. once; very appreciative audience; and it convinced me I NEVER want to go to prison. Too bad your friend didn't have a similar epiphany.

Thanks again.

Rick
Old 04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Banned

No, you didn't mention that....or I didn't see it.

I had a similar epiphany when I was 23 and coaching a college baseball team. Only it was San Quentin for a doubleheader (as Ernie Banks used to say, "it's a great day for 2.") We won 2, and turned a few guys (my players) more towards abiding laws, rather than breaking them. I think it was when the biggest, baddest dude asked a kid on our team if he wanted to take a shower with the guys....

I thoroughly enjoyed conducting a pitching clinic in between games. Let me see, how can I swing this around to cruise chat...

Do they have batting cages on Princess ships?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 PM

Yep, little white balls that you hit off of green plastic strips.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Anybody see "Tin Cup"; Kevin Costner should smile more--he lights up the screen when he does.

Anyway, he plays a round using everything BUT golf clubs.

I'm sorry! I might have to resign my guruship if I can't be silly--I can't let this "higher standard" stuff interfere with my giddiness.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

My favorite, well maybe not my favorite, but at least my most FREQUENT word on the golf course is "FORE!" I still use persimmon wood woods! I am a dinasaur!

Okay, I officially rescind that "higher standard" comment. Let the giddiness flow!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Thank you; I feel lighter already.

Real wood clubs? I guess there is a reason they call them "irons and woods".

Nope, no batting cages on Princess--except the kind Ken mentioned.

But some ships have basketball courts and some kind of nerf tennis.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kaylajordan:
Anyone have any info that i should know about before leaving on sunday april 29th. (such as prices of stuff, internet price for a week, the dinners, etc....
Hello Kaylajordan,
I'll be sailing away the same day you are, only I'll be on the Explorer of the Seas. I've been on the Freedom twice and I think it's the best of the best. Internet will cost you 50 cents per minute. Chops and Portofino's will cost you $20 per person and you'll need to make reservations. Johnny Rockets has a cover charge of $3.50 per person. You can look at my Freedom pictures if you want, just click HERE and then click on the Freedom galleries. Have a great cruise!

Sonny

Closed Thread