Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 02:00 AM

Hello! This will be the first cruise of my life and I am very excited for this will be my fiance and I honeymoon. We booked a Junior Suite on the 8th floor....and have a balcony ))))).....my question is...will we have privacy above our balcony? Will people on the 9th floor be able to look down our balcony??? If I was to move elsewhere on the boat, for instance, on the 7th floor, would there be more privacy?
Old 05-25-2006, 07:24 AM

Congrats on your marriage! The floor of the balcony above you will be the ceiling for your balcony. There are dividers on either side. So unless someone intentionally crawls over the railing or leans over and around the dividers, you will have privacy. Good luck on your life together and have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:28 PM

I see!!! I do not think there is a balcony over mine (8 floor) because the 9th floor and above are where all the activities are....so....what would be above me??? nothing????
Old 05-25-2006, 12:38 PM

You are correct, the 9th floor are the pools, etc. They would still have to climb up on the railing, hang down to see you. Enjoy!!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:52 PM

Are they internal balcony's (meaning the balcony's do not hang off the boat???
Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by hang off the ship or being internal. The balconies do not extend beyond the side of the ship or the back of the ship. They are outside of your room, but on the deck. Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:49 PM

Tinkerbelle asks: >>Are they internal balcony's (meaning the balcony's do not hang off the boat???<<

The balconies are not free-floating on the side of the ship. If you look at the deckplan for the Rhapsody (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...vigation=false), you can see that your balcony is above the balconies on the 7th deck, which are above the ones on the 6th deck, and so on. As Penny said, the floor of your balcony is the ceiling of the balcony below you, and so on, and each balcony is connected.

I am guessing you're thinking of how some hotels have balconies off of rooms, and those balconies are just "out there." The ships are not like that. . .All the balconies are connected.

Congratulations on your wedding!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 PM

I get it!!!! What confuses me is that there are no rooms with balcony's above us...so is there something that covers our balcony at the top? What would that be???
Old 05-29-2006, 08:00 PM

We had a grand suite on the 8th deck, whats above you is the pool, the windjammer. There is no way anyone will see you. congrats and have a great time.

Caribbean Resorts & Hotels
Old 06-07-2006, 08:38 PM

I just came back of the Rhapsody Sunday June 4th and we had rm 8592 back of the boat balcony.
All balconyies are easy to see sidewides and above. They are not so private as well. They have about a 5 inch space between the walls of the balconies from the floor. You can look down in the front and back areas of the ship and see alot of the rooms balconies from the workout center or solarium as they call it.

Closed Thread

Tags
7th, caribbean, deck, junioe, junior, pictures, review, reviews, rhapsody, room, royal, seas, suite, suites, triumph