Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 09:41 PM

Ok, so I was so excited about this idea that I went all over and was buying these things up but they were all too heavy, I thought. I kept thinking I'd find a lighter one. THEN, I finally got to the Dollar Tree like Krusen suggested and found 2 different ones there that weighed next to nothing so I am returning the heavier ones and am using the the ones from the Dollar Tree that cost me $1. I love it!
Susan
Old 10-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi,I bought two over the door shoe hangers for me and my daughter's cabin ,and was wondering if you'll have a place to hang those on Mariner of the sea. I've read some posts, she said that she couldn't hang it on the bathroom door, and she ended up not using the shoe hanger at all.Thanks.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 10-25-2006, 08:01 AM

Two MUST things when crusing!

1. Over the door shoe holder. One for the outside of the bathroom, to put things such as your key card, cameras and such. One child size shoe holder that has a clothes hanger for a hook. Great for the back of the shower.

2. Travel Soap dish. Great for jewerly, hair clips, nail clippers, twizzers and little items that you always seem to lose.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 AM

Cruisysuzi- We did the dollar store shoe thingy on our last cruise. The only drawback was that it had a coat hanger type hanger mechanisim and with only one point of support, if you put anything heavy in the outsie pockets, the whole thing tilted to that side, so we had to "stock" it evenly. But it is VERY VERY handy and we will definetly bring one on all our future cruises. We are looking at investing a bit more money to get a sturdier one for our next time...but a buck is hard to argue with.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-25-2006, 09:25 AM

Something I found at the Dollar Tree in a collaspable hamper. It folds completly flat and is about 2-3oz if even that much. Call me crazy but I would rather come home with clean clothes than have to wash a whole bunch when I return home. Especially if I am returning to work the next day. It is a habit I got into when I was working at a apartment complex for the disabled and we would take a group vacation and when I got back I would be assisting with washing clothes for 9 adults for the whole week upon returning.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightsluvr:

We also bring a 25 foot (indoor type) extension cord so the DW can use the hair dryer in the bathroom. (No plug in RCI baths)

LL
Thanks so much. We've not been on RCCL and had no idea. This is really good to know!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:01 PM

Jim,

We just got back from our cruise on the Dawn and I just wanted to let you know that the Dollar Tree sells 2 different over the door hangers. One is bright colored plastic, only 2 rows and has a metal hook at the top and the other has about 6 rows in a light meshy kind of material with just a little rope on it. I bought both and at first I was thinking that I couldn't use either, but my husband and I got creative with the way we hung them after playing around with them a bit and I don't think there was a day that went by that I didn't comment on how wonderful they were.

They were truly the best contraption ever and the fact that they were so light to carry was a real plus.

Susan
Old 10-30-2006, 09:02 PM

Another tip I found to work well is a small magnetic hook to stick on the metal ceiling so you can hang a shirt or dress up to use your portable steamer. Or just to hang things our to get ready. They have them at Lowes. Also, the hook swivels so you can stick in on a metal door or on the ceiling.

Closed Thread

Tags
bringing, cruise, dollar, door, doors, hanger, hangers, holder, hook, ideas, magic, rack, shoe, tree, wreath