Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 03:03 PM

None of the reviews I've read tell me anything about live bands in the lounge or club areas, only about the comics and Broadway type shows in the main theatre. So what sort of bands/ live entertainment do they have? Rock, country, disco, pop, etc?

Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 PM

I do not remember all the live music, but for the most part it's going to be Caribbean style. I know that for sure pool side, I did not spend much in the lounges or clubs but I'm sure the music geared for the respective area where it is played. I hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:02 PM

On any given night onboard an RC ship there will be a variety of music performed in the lounges. The Schooner Bar will invariably have a piano player (sometimes 2 - one that provides soft, mood music for listening (or possibly a string quartet) / the other a piano player singer that entertains with a more contemporary repertoire). On this itinerary there will be a band that performs Island Music poolside. While in the evening you will have your choice of dance party music, big band sounds, latin music, easy listening or perhaps country -western. The options change nightly, but there is always a wide variety. Rock, pop, disco, country....you will hear it all during the cruise.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-09-2005, 05:44 PM

Nancy, you mention dance party, latin, big band as well as the rock, pop, country and disco, but are you referring to all those styles being played by live bands? I'm sure that there will be all sorts of recorded music, but are all those styles played by live performers? I'm going to have a blast no matter what, but as a musician myself, I am really curious about the live bands in particular. Also, thanks for responding so quickly to my question. I'm sure I'll have more before we sail in late September.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:55 PM

I want to make sure that it's clear what I'm asking about. I have read plenty of reviews about the live entertainment in the main sit-down theater, the comics, jugglers, Broadway type shows and of course, live music in the theater seating. I specifically want to know about the live bands in the lounge or lounges for dancing in the evenings.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:12 AM

Theotherchad,

IŽll give you an example from one day on a celebrity ship in february in the Caribbean:

12.15-01.00 om relaxing piano music
12.45-1.45/3.45-4.45 pm Party Band Equinox by the pool
5.15-6.15 Alaambre Trio for pre dinner cocktails and melodies in the Fleet Bar
same tine Karen & Cal Duo in the Rendez-Vous Lounge
same time Pianist Arnold with different musical styles in the Cova Cafe
6.45 and 8.45 pm Celebrity showtime in the Show Lounge
7.45-8.45 Cocktail sounds to dance in Rendezvous Lounge
same time pinanist Arnold in the Cova Cafe
9.45-10.30 pm Alambre Trio in the Fleet Bar
9.45-12 Mid. Dance to the sounds of Karen and Carl in the Rendezvous Lounge
same time pianist Arnold in the Cova Cafe
same time Party Band in the Rainbow room
same time Alambre Trio in the Fleet Bar

Is this enough? The music on every cruise depends on the tour you make. On the Baltic Cruise you have other performers than in the Caribbean.

But there is so much to listen and to dance, that everybody can find the music he likes in the different lounges.

Marita

Old 08-10-2005, 06:10 AM

thotherchad,
I did understand your question and as you can see from Marita's response, that my answer was in regards to live bands in the various lounges (not the DJ music in the disco). There is always a piano player (or 2), a trio or duo playing a variety of styles, a party band, the ship's showband and then one or two other kinds of musical talents to round out the mix.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-10-2005, 06:47 AM

Thanks,everybody, for the answers. Much appreciated! I'll likely be fielding other questions in the next 6 weeks or so 'til we sail (Sept. 25, out of Galveston), but I'm trying to read through most of the existing questions and answers so that maybe I don't have to ask. I hope I didn't seem too pesky with my re-questioning. I'm just extremely ignorant. This will be our first cruise, and until the last couple of weeks, I've never even investigated any of the details of this or any other cruise. Thanks again, Nancy and Marita!

Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 AM

Don't ever apologize for asking questions. That is what this board is for, sharing information, inquiries and knowledge with and between members of our cruise community.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-11-2005, 02:16 PM

Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Tags
carl, cruise, dancing, entertainment, karen, latin, lineslive, live, lounges, music, musician, rapsody, rhapsody, seas, ship, singers