Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 01:44 PM

I am leaving for my cruise in 3 weeks, does anyone know if the Enchantment of the seas changes to Island time or stays on ship time which would be an hour different than Island time? we are going to the cayman islands and I'm trying to book an excursion to stingray city, and I need to know if the island is an hour different from the ship.
Thanks,
Old 03-12-2008, 01:50 PM

I would venture to guess that times are given as the time it is in that locale.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:32 PM

han25mm,
I believe the ship stays on the same time as the port from which you leave, eastern time. So when you get out in Cozumel, they may be two hours behind because I don't think they practice Daylight savings time.
So what date are you going on the Enchantment? As you can see by my ticker we are going around the same time.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-13-2008, 04:06 AM

My experience has always been that the ship's clock changes to the time of the port of call you are visiting. They always tell you when to change your clock in the daily news left in your room the night before. http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
The above site will tell you what time it is everywhere in the world.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
My experience has always been that the ship's clock changes to the time of the port of call you are visiting.
It depends on many factors...itinerary, whether standard or daylight saving time is in effect, time of year, the cruise line policy, and ultimately the Captain's preference.

For eastern and western Caribbean cruises we've taken on Princess, RCI, Celebrity, and Carnival over the past 15 years, we have always stayed on ship's time. An eastern run on HAL in November 1993 was the only time we screwed with the clocks. I remember this type of thing.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:21 AM

On Costa in January we stayed on east coast time until we got to Grand Cayman. When we left Grand Cayman we turned the clocks back an hour. Then when we left Cozumel, we turned the clocks up an hour.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:32 AM

So, I still don't know if the ship stays on EST or changes to Island time. Some people say it does, and others say with their experience that it doesn't. Can anyone who's been on this ship let me know? or someone who is going soon?
Thanks so much. I booked a shore excursion that leaves 1 hour after we port, so It would be great if we were an hour different, that would give us a little extra time.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Administrator

I am willing to bet that your cruise will stay on eastern daylight time, which means you will be be one hour ahead of local time in both Georgetown and Cozumel. Remember that EST ended last weekend.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by han25mm:
So, I still don't know if the ship stays on EST or changes to Island time. Some people say it does, and others say with their experience that it doesn't. Can anyone who's been on this ship let me know? or someone who is going soon?
Thanks so much. I booked a shore excursion that leaves 1 hour after we port, so It would be great if we were an hour different, that would give us a little extra time.
Why not just call the cruiseline?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Administrator

I was just looking around a favorite website and guess what? Some Cruise Compasses from an August 2006 cruise on the Enchantment showed they changed the clocks twice during the cruise.

Calling the cruise line is an answer, but then there is the roulette factor one gets when calling any cruise line...call twice and you'll get two different answers. The person who will really know is the tour operator in Grand Cayman. They do tours every week with passengers from the Enchantment.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, change, enchantment, leaves, local, sea, seas, time