Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 PM

I made this post on another board, and was told I should share it here.

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for cruise customers to dissolve the commercial bands that have connected them to a particular cruise line, and to assume the powers of the earth to decide when and where to spend their vacation dollars, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all cruise lines are created equal, but they are endowed by their creator with certain responsibilities. The JEWEL of these responsibilities is to be an EXPLORER of ways to encourage customers to remain loyal to that line. The BRILLIANCE of that VISION should include the ENCHANTMENT of customers with benefits that would discourage them from using their FREEDOM to ADVENTURE toward the OASIS of the competition. The MONARCH should make sure the benefits are a LEGEND amongst lines that would, in all their GRANDEUR and SPLENDOUR, keep the VOYAGER from the RADIANCE another line might ALLURE. The MAJESTY of this lines NAVIGATOR would be their ability to SERENADE the MARINER in time of economic trouble and times of RHAPSODY. They should not assume their INDEPENDENCE gives them the LIBERTY to assume their services are superior. They should set aside their CROWN and ANCHOR themselves in the trust and faith of their customers that their word is their promise.
Such has been the patient sufferance of these customers: and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former system of cruise line selection. The history of Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines is a history of repeated attempts to diminish the value of their product. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
1. The unannounced removal of chocolate from pillows at night.
2. The reduction of OBC combinations.
3. The reduction of Diamond Member benefits.
In every stage of these reductions, we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated petitions have been answered only by canned letter responses. A cruise line whose character is thus marked by every act may define an UNLOYAL AMBASSADOR, is unfit to be the beneficiary of the vacationing cruiser’s purchases.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM

Welcome to cruise -chat. I saw this on another board!.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM

We just returned from a cruise on the Explorer. We are newer cruisers, this having been only our second cruise, both with Royal Caribbean. We heard some veteran cruisers talking along the lines of your post, such as the end of chocolates on the pillows, and other things. Being new to cruising, please excuse my ignorance, but what is OBC?

I know that we enjoyed our cruise, but not being veterans, I am sure that we don't miss what we never had. We did seem to notice that the food was not quite as good as our last cruise, and the dining room service seemed to be too slow. But other than that, we really enjoyed our trip.

What other cruise line would you suggest?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 PM

I have been reading ALL the cruise chat boards and honestly, don't get the complainers. I know it feels empowering to state your needs in these forums but really? Chocolates on pillows? For all the offerings RCCL has, that would make you NOT book a cruise with them?

The world is a very big place. I learned at a very young age that we are all replaceable. It's not comforting to know, but it's the truth. Those who leave RCCL over chocolates will only be replaced by those who never knew there were chocolates in the first place and they will love their cruise none the less.

The wonderful thing about the current crop of cruise lines is that there are SO many to choose from! I like RCCL the best but that's because I'm driven by their entertainment offerings. Food is not my driver. Besides, I prefer to dine in the establishments I have to pay extra for. I like a fine dining experience and RCCL has that too.

Everyone is looking for something unique to their own tastes. Have fun in your search for a better offering and remember, change is ALWAYS good!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
We just returned from a cruise on the Explorer. We are newer cruisers, this having been only our second cruise, both with Royal Caribbean. We heard some veteran cruisers talking along the lines of your post, such as the end of chocolates on the pillows, and other things. Being new to cruising, please excuse my ignorance, but what is OBC?

OBC is on board credit.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Brilliant!! What a thinker!!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Being new to cruising, please excuse my ignorance, but what is OBC?

What other cruise line would you suggest?
OBC means on board credit.

MStick, because you are new to cruising, I would suggest you try another ship in the Royal Caribbean Fleet. My favorite ships are the Navigator, Mariner, and the Independence. People are complaining because perks they had have be taken away; this wouldn't effect you.

Sonny
Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM

Older Party - You wrote: "I have been reading ALL the cruise chat boards and honestly, don't get the complainers."

Why not? Did you ever complain when something you enjoyed was taken away from you? Or are you so shallow that as long as it doesn't effect you—then so what.

You also wrote: "I know it feels empowering to state your needs in these forums but really? Chocolates on pillows?"

Do you really think it's all about chocolates? GET A LIFE!

Then you wrote this ridiculous statement: "Those who leave RCCL over chocolates will only be replaced by those who never knew there were chocolates in the first place and they will love their cruise none the less."

How dumb is that?

I personally take offense to your banter. I feel those loyal customers have a legitimate reason to complain. Get the facts straight! The next time you get on your high horse, you can ride it out of town.

Oh, by the way...welcome to Cruise-Chat.

Sonny
Old 04-07-2009, 05:25 AM

Cute Evaluator; me thinks you have way to much time on your hands.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-07-2009, 06:41 AM

Evaluator, that's really a great post. Older Party, it's no different than airline miles or the way airlines have treated their passengers. They, too, were arrogant in their treatment of loyal passengers, now they're hurting for revenue. Diamond Plus and Diamond members of RCI have spent a ton of money to get to their status, some are even stock holders. The way that any cruise line stays in business is loyal, repeat customers who by word of mouth bring more and more customers-who if treated well, will return and the snowball grows. The biggest slap in the face was not being able to combine credits. These loyal customers have earned the right to combine credits. Notice I said earned. They didn't sail for free on 20+ cruises. These Royal Chumps that get comped free cruises for posting good reviews on chat boards is a sleezy advertising gimmick. The real Royal passengers are being slighted, and that's not a marketing gimmick.

Mark, there are some very good cruise lines out there, but a lot depends on your likes and dislikes. Princess is our favorite, but their ships don't have the "glitzy" ammenities that Royal has. Carnival is great, Costa is great, NCL is great, HAL is great, and the list goes on. Each line has it's own personality, so it's finding a line that feels right to you. The best way to find out is by personal experience The next best way, is through your travel agent or friends that cruise. I think in each section of this board you'll find posts in each ship section that say how horrible their cruise was on "X" ship and they'll never sail on them again. But you could get on that same ship and have the time of your life. Have fun trying them all!

Closed Thread