Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 08:42 AM

We just booked our cruise today.

It is a Western Mediterranean cruise on the Voyager of the Seas.

We are new to everything, and wondering if anyone one out there can give us links to what we should look for, books we should get, and anything else to help our stay. It is a honeymoon so we want to make the best of this. We want to make the most of our days on shore as well.

Thanks in advance

Diana and Christopher
Old 03-07-2006, 10:41 AM

Just reading alot of the threads on this site should help you. You can do a search also for specific topics on this site.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:47 AM

Problem is for the Voyager of the Sea most people write stuff about it in the Caribbean and not the Mediterranean. But for sure I have been looking around here.

If anyone out there that wants to correspond please send us a PM and we would love to chat and all. Even finding other people on the same cruise would be amazing.

The cruise leaves September 23, 2006.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:38 PM

This is the first time the Voyager has sailed in the Mediterrean.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:28 PM

Oh that explains a lot.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:37 PM

I learned the Splendour of the Seas did the exact same tour as the tour we are taking on the Voyeur of the Seas. So if anyone that took 7-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise on that boat and would like to help us out it would be greatly appreciated. Any information for first time cruisers such as places to stay before the cruises, what to expect, if we should take expeditions or go out on our won, places to go and see and what places not to see, and so on.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:14 AM

Are there any books people would recommend?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:37 PM

I want to recommend "Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean" by DK Travel Guides. Also, portreviews.com, frommers.com and fodors.com were excellent resources. I printed over 100 pages from these resources and had my Cruise notebook for reference on the trip.
Jim
Old 03-11-2006, 01:17 AM

The Essential Cruise Book by Jim West is a great book. It isn't very big, and it's an easy read. Jim is or was a cruise director, and he relays a lot of great information on many, many subjects. Even though I had cruised before I found some of the information very useful.

One of my favorite chapters is the one on packing. He says, "Do not overpack." Follow his advice!

Congratulations on your wedding@
Enjoy the cruise!

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 03-16-2006, 12:13 AM

most books have some good guidelines but if your looking for specifics use the web! i've tried a few books but i've been let down more than once. closed points of interest, out of date prices, wrong times etc... most ports of call you can usually find a webstite for except Labadee or other "private" islands owned by cruise lines. try my home page for a couple of tips and a "WHAT NOT TO FORGET" checklist.
If you do get a book make sure it's a newer publishing.

Having our first rum drink in about,,,

Closed Thread