Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 07:39 PM

We just got off the GOS on 2/17. She is beautiful. She will be drycocked in April to redo the Windjammer, change out the bedding, and fix the infamous "dent' We had a nice group discusion with Capt. Rob and filled us all in. W also stayed on deck 7 (inside cabin) and my only minor complait was the band/music from the Centrum on deck 4 shot right up the atrium to our deck and it amde those afternoon siesta's a little difficult!! We had the first inside cabin right off the Atrium, so I guess it was our fault. The muisc went until 11:30-12:00 every night. Otherwise we had a balst and she sure doesn't show a lot of wear and tear for being an 11 year old ship. Have a safe trip.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info. We are also on the 7th floor - balcony #7570. I guess we will have the same problem with the music from the centrum...oh well, we never have any problems sleeping anyway - always exhausted by the time we go to bed.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-26-2007, 03:11 PM

We stayed in cabin #7577 so it looks like you may be a few cabins down from the Centrum. Don't get me wrong, its not blaring n your cabin, but if you have to have perfect quiet to sleep, you may want to keep yourselves entertained until late evenings. It didn't really effect us much cause we stayed up late every night anyway, but we tried to squeeze a few naps in afternoons and the Centrum seemed to be the center of activity from music to the Art auctions!!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:46 PM

We are in #7078. Brother and sister-in-law ajoining in #7076. Do you think we'll have the same noise problem? When we booked, we figured above the photo gallery would be a good idea.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Callie - that's what I thought also never thinking of the Centrum. When are you going?

Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM

Cruiser1962--we were on the Grandeur last year and enjoyed every minute of the cruise. We were also on her in 1997. You mentioned the infamous "dent". We were curious about the cause of the dent! Do you know?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:28 AM

Nadine M,

The Grandeur hit the Costa Maya pier a while ago. The dent will be fixed during drydock right after our cruise.

Carmen

SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN
This Historic Landmark needs your help!
Find out what you can do at
www.save-the-delta-queen.org
Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM

Hi kclvt,

We are cruising the Grandeur in July of this year. How about you?

Callie
Old 02-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Not until 4/12/2008!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 PM

Just returned from Grandeur. We were in cabin 8026 and occasionally heard deck chairs being moved but no problem. The ship is in FANTASTIC shape. We took our very first cruise on her in 1998 and it was great to get back on her. The staff was outstanding. We had table 23 and our waiter Kasim and Asst. Waiter Rohan gave us the best service in 11 cruises. It was simply a great pleasure all around. The Capt., Capt. Rob, is an American and has a great sense of humor. His PA's were great. The Cruise Director and his staff were superb. All around one of our most enjoyable cruises. Even enjoyed the town of Majaual in Costa Maya!
Anyway, if you don't enjoy this cruise then I doubt you'll enjoy any cruise. Can't say enough about it.
One note. They are cracking down more on alcohol. We thought you could take a bottle of wine, but it was confiscated. I did get some vodka and bourbon on in my checked luggage, but one of our friends got caught. We can only think it's because I had mine in water bottles and he had his in regular bottles and had 3 of them. So if you are taking alcohol on board, don't get greedy. Anyway, enjoy Grandeur, she is beautiful still.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, grandeaure, grandeaurs, seas, vision