Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 08:25 AM

Just booked our cruise on the Grandeaur of the Seas. We are in a balcony on deck 7 - son and girlfriend across the hall in large interior. Any helpful hints? How is the ship? We have been on Explorer, Adventure, Serenade and Majesty. Is this the same as Majesty? Really wanted to take the kids on a bigger ship but this price was right. Do you think there is enough to do with 3 days of cruising?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-20-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kclvt:
Just booked our cruise on the Grandeaur of the Seas. We are in a balcony on deck 7 - son and girlfriend across the hall in large interior. Any helpful hints? How is the ship? We have been on Explorer, Adventure, Serenade and Majesty. Is this the same as Majesty? Really wanted to take the kids on a bigger ship but this price was right. Do you think there is enough to do with 3 days of cruising?
Grandeur is "Radiance class", check out this link for details. http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.d...x=&shipId=22&deckId=

It is smaller than Serenade for sure but not too small, a really lovely ship. Four stars all the way.

Ken
Old 02-20-2007, 10:59 AM

Thanks Ken. I'm sure we will enjoy ourselfs no matter what size the ship is. Just love cruising. Also we have a balcony since we will be at sea for 3 days. We'll get much use out of that I am sure. I read somewhere that they were renovating the Grandeaur but when I made the reservations (with RCCL)the woman said it wasn't on her list. Any input on this?

Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Actually Grandeur is Vision Class. It was built in 1997 (?). We did our very first cruise on it in 1998. It was a beautiful ship. I heard it was renovated in 2002 (?). Reviews that I have read are all positive. We sail Saturday, Feb.24 on her. Really excited. I suspect you will love the ship.
One thing, you may want to check your cabin location. It may not be a big deal but there are a couple of bars on Deck 6. If you are over one of them you may hear the music, etc.
We are in JS cabins on Deck 8. I will try and let you know on this thread how it went when I get back. Just remember, the worst day of cruising is better than the best day of almost anything else!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:58 PM

Thanks Papaflamingo - it looks like we are over the photo gallary, so we should be safe. I hope. Please do report back when you return as what her condition is. I have never had a bad day of cruising and don't think I ever would. Just love it!

Old 02-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

Actually, you're all wrong...Grandeur is FIRST CLASS all the way.../
Old 02-20-2007, 06:42 PM

Does anyone have any pictures they can share?

Old 02-20-2007, 08:57 PM

I will find them but I am sure others have lots they have posted to a website you can link to.

That is correct, I was wrong it is Vision Class.

Goin' cruisin' and who is the master of understatement?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

Chef Ken: I know I'm goofing up the famous quote (hey, maybe I could be president), but imitation is the greatest form of flattery, or however the heck that goes...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 PM

kclvt,

Here´s the best I´ve found so far, an 8 min slide show / video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rzrB-q_KH8

We´re on the Apr 7 sailing and this will be the last New Orleans roundtrip. After our cruise the Grandeur will go into drydock to fix the dent and for some cosmetics (changes in the Windjammer and more).

Carmen

SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN
This Historic Landmark needs your help!
Find out what you can do at
www.save-the-delta-queen.org

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, grandeaure, grandeaurs, seas, vision