Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 02:57 PM

Please, someone help!

I have sailed Disney 2 times (7 day to the carribean), the best time of my life! I have sailed a 5 day Carnival, hated it (unorganized, dirty). Well, I guess now the time has come to try something else. Disney is quite expensive for a 3 or 4 day cruise (which is what I am looking for), I cannot bear the thought of going back on Carnival. I have been looking at the Majesty of the Seas and Sovereign of the Seas, both to the Bahamas (CoCo Cay and Nassau). Can someone advise me on this? I don't know which one to go one! I would love ANY tips anyone has to offer! This will be my 4th cruise and I would like to make it a good one. P.S. I am looking to sailing in Mid-November....

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:15 PM

i think that the sovereign will be a great ship for you! i just recently got off of it and loved it!!!

the ship is about the same size ship as the disney cruises.

the rooms are verysmall so i would get a balcony.. or an oceanviewstateroom!

go under rccl.com and check out the sovereign!

DONT BOTHER WITH THE MAJESTY!!!!

hopefully this helpss!!!!!!
B
Old 05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
If you can-book a 5 nite on the Enchantment of the Seas-that new stretch plus the large 157 sq ft cabins are really nice!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:38 AM

The Enchantment is a very nice ship, but 157 sq ft is not large when compared to Disney and Carnival's inside cabins of 184/185 respectfully. Disney ships are 83,000 tons, and the Sovereign and Majesty are 73,192/73,941. I don't know your age or what kind of activities you are looking for. Since you have sailed on Carnival, you are already aware that Disney is a totally different product and shouldn't be compared to Carnival or RCI. All the RCI ships now have the rock climbing wall, the Enchantment added trampoline bungee jumping. RCI has added "Bolero's" a Latin/Salsa dance club to their ships. They are also adding Ben & Jerry's, and "Lattitudes" coffee shop on all their ships. Which is an extra charge. I have sailed on Carnival's Fascination five times and never found it to be "dirty" or "disorganized". I have always found it to be fun and have alot of activities.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:19 AM

Hello all, I have sailed on the 3 cruise lines(ships) that you mention. I did the Soverign of the seas and it was personally my worst cruise experience out of 7 cruises. Disney I loved and if it wasn't overly experience I would surely do it again. Carnival I found to be just as good as Disney and the price is more suited to my budget. I have cruised Carnival 5 times and again Sept. 17, 06 and I have never ever seen a dirty Carnival ship, as a matter of fact one of our conversations is always about how they are always cleaning the ship when it appears spotless already. The Only (2)things I personally like about Disney that may give them a slight edge over Carnival was their fruit salad( The Pineapples to be percise, I've never tasted Pineapples like that before). And more important was the fact that Disney had people stationed outside of the restaurants handing out wet wipes for you to clean your hands before entering( Thats probably because of the children ). But I am a Carnival cruiser for life until Disney lower their price or I hit the lottery. I will cruise disney again in 3 years though, thats when my 5 yr.old turns 8,,, Oh by the way if you have a child you have to get up off the extra cash and do Disney at least once for them.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:15 PM

Thank you all for your input...

Iam sorry if I offended anyone by saying that Carnival was "Dirty" or "Disorganized"....I guess everyone has their own opinion.

For the price, I think I might give them another chance.

I think that, primarily, I was not satisfied because the weather did not cooperate so I feel that I didn't ge to take full advantage of all there was to do.

Thanks for all your tips.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 PM
I have been on the Sovereign of the Seas (Pre-Renovated). In fact, day 2 of my cruise was on Election Day (Nov.2nd 2004). Since then it underwent a multimillion dollar renovation. People who have cruised on it since then said it was really nice. Despite the renovations, it still probably has tiny cabins (around 120 square feet).

I have not been on Disney. They tell me both ships are great. Unfortunately Disney is beyond my budget.

A fourth choice to consider is Royal Caribbean's premium line: Celebrity. It probably doesn't cost more than Disney and offers a similar level of service. Everyone I heard that cruised on Celebrity only has the nicest things to say about it. Except, it is harder to find a Celebrity cruise to fit my schedule since most (if not all) of their ships do not keep a regular home port or cruise intinerary.

Caribbean Reviews
Old 05-06-2006, 09:26 PM
This is probably not relevant to cruising. But the Pineapples you ate on the Disney cruise were probably harvested at the right time, when they were sufficiently ripe. The pineapples you get in the supermarket probably were harvested when they were far too green. This goes for all fruit in general at the supermarket.

Anyway, I had a good time on my last cruise (aboard Carnival's Inspiration). Based on my limited expierience, my Carnival cruise was better than my R.C. cruise. Although I wish I could cruise on Disney or Celebrity.

Caribbean Reviews
Old 05-15-2006, 02:35 AM

The first cruise we took was on Disney. Our kids LOVED IT, it was a fantastic cruise and we got a fantastic deal, otherwise Disney is WAY too expensive for our budget.

Sailed twice with Carnvial, both on the Glory, once to the Western Carribean and once to the Eastern. We loved it. Cabins are clean, ship was wonderfully clean. I must say that we loved it much better the first time around, I guess we compared it to the first time when we sailed the second time it seemed that the food and the entertainment was not as good and appeared to be the same shows. I must say that I did enjoy our cruise director Mark Price, he had us in tears on the last nights show when he dressed up as Sonny from Sonny and Cher and also as Dolly Parton, I have never laughed so hard in all my life.

One recommendation, I don't like inside cabins, I am clausterphobic LOL, so we have had balconies our past two cruises and loved them, would highly recommend them if you can afford it.

Closed Thread

Tags
adults, budget, carnival, celebrity, compared, cruise, cruiselines, cruises, disney, line, norwegian, spirit, v, versus, vs