Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 05:19 AM

Thanks,Dave56 will check on it today and post our results.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:57 PM

How do you find out if there's been a price drop on a cruise? I've gone on several cruises on different lines and paid whatever the travel agent said the price was and never heard of a price drop. Now I am scheduled to take 8 of us on the Navigator on June 10th and paid whatever the agent said was the price for the various cabins when I booked almost a year ago. How would I find out if there's been a reduction in the price? When I booked the agent told me that RCCL doesn't give discounts so I paid what she billed me but it was quite a bit less than what was in the 2005-6 vacation planner but the one I had didn't go up to the June sailings. Anyway, how do you find out if there's been a price drop?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Often, people find out about price drops by simply searching the internet travel sites like Travelocity to see how their particular cruise is selling. If they see the price for the cabin category they booked has been reduced they call their agent to see if the cruise line will adjust their price. I have found that the cruise lines will play ball with me provided I haven't paid my balance yet. Once the balance is paid things can get much more difficult. And some lines are less apt to budge on the price. It can get to be quite a game. Sometimes one may have to cancel their booking and rebook to get the new price. Sometimes the cruise line will have some fine print that says someone can't cancel a previous booking and rebook just to get the new price.

Other times, a good agent will be periodically checking on prices and if a clients cruise shows prices going down that agent will take care of it and surprise the client. My agent uses this method, which is why I have stuck with her for over 10 years.

And finally, there are occasions when the cruise line itself will step up and issue a credit to previously booked passengers if the price for their cruise has declined.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, card, cost, credit, cruise, freedom, guaranteed, inaugural, locations, prices, rooms, seas, seasa, ship, voyage