Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Administrator

I recall the shock I had in January when I booked this cruise and saw the prices. Almost brochure rate. And so I went with a standard outside cabin as opposed to my usual balcony.

Fast forward to today and because of cancellations and perhaps other factors, I was able to upgrade to an E1 balcony cabin for $120 total. The same cabin was almost $1000 extra a few weeks ago. It still isn't an inexpensive cruise, but at least I feel I am getting more for my money now!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:36 AM

That's great, maybe we should consider booking.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 04-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Go for it! You can join me, Lil' Lori, and around 4000 other guests for an extra-large time!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:00 PM

Hot Dog!!! I called RCCL, we are booked in the cheapest inside cabin (cat. L) for the maiden voyage. My husband and I are taking our son, so 3 of us in a cabin. I called and asked if the price had gone down. My mouth dropped when he said I was getting a credit card credit of $760, and that he had just put out an email confirming it. Happy Dance Boy, was I tempted to use that money to upgrade to a higher category. But,,,, we have a 19 day trip the end of july to Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu, and I really can use that extra money. That is soooo awesome. Thanks Dave for getting the word out. Before we set sail, we'll have to plan a meeting place for a celebratory drink. Thanks again, Lil' Lori See ya soon!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-04-2006, 05:50 AM

Do you know if the price drop is just on the Inaugural cruise or all Freedom cruises? I am booked on the Freedom for Thanksgiving Week (Nov. 19-26). Thanks!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Lil' Lori,

You are most welcome! I guess a lot of group space had been reserved by agencies who couldn't sell it by the final payment date. So they either had to return it to inventory or eat the costs. I don't think RCCL was planning on so many cabins being dumped and they had little choice but to drop prices in order to fill the ship up (again).

dale88fan,

Price drops are generally cruise-specific based on how well a particular sailing is selling. So the answer to your question is that this price drop is for the inaugural sailing only. BTW - I like Dale Jarrett too. In fact, I met his dad on our first cruise back in 1992. It was the Richard Petty farewell tour cruise. We had the whole Petty family and Ned along for the week. Really cool. They were all genuinely nice people.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:14 AM

Dave56

Thanks for the Freedom ship info. That figures that my trip isnít discounted too! Oh well Iím going anyway (and honestly I canít wait!!). So youíll have to make sure you let us all know all about the Freedom when you get back from the big inaugural trip!

How cool you got to meet the Petty family and Ned Jarrett too! I did get to meet my man...Dale, once too! He too was a genuinely nice/warm person, and it was a big thrill for me to shake his hand.

Thanks Dave!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Administrator

dale88fan,

Just because your cruise has no price changes at present doesn't mean it won't happen as the cruise time gets closer. If your agent is a good one, they will monitor it and make sure you get any price reductions.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Great news, Dave and Lori. I'm sure you'll enjoy the cruise a lot more now!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I was quite happy about the price drop. I definitely feel better about the cruise cost now as opposed to two months ago. I've gotta have a balcony!

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, card, cost, credit, cruise, freedom, guaranteed, inaugural, locations, prices, rooms, seas, seasa, ship, voyage