Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 06:41 AM

Anyone been on this cruise from New Jersey? I'm wondering how Bermuda is at all , but specifically when sailing from New Jersey. I have only sailed on Royal Caribbean and really would prefer to stick to their ships. I have considered trying Celebrity to Bermuda but it appears that it's a much smaller ship that sails from NJ? Also, what time of the year did you sail on this ship and how was the weather in Bermuda at that time?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:39 AM

I sailed on the Zenith from Bayonne last August. Yes, The Zenith is a lot smaller that the Explorer. Because of the Explorers size she will dock at King's Wharf (also known as the Naval Dockyard). The weather was wonderful in August. King's Wharf has a few things to do there, but Hamilton and St George's offers more. You can take a ferry over to Hamilton from King's Wharf. You can also buy a hop on/off bus pass to use for the bus that will take you all over the island. Bermuda is absolutely beautiful and has so much to offer. We were there 3 full days and only touched on some of the things to do. They have wonderful beaches, a nature trail along an old railroad, Dolphin Quest, Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, Botanical Gardens, Horse back riding, Crystal Caves, an Aquarium & Zoo, and much much more. In each city you can get a walking map and explore the city and all it's wonderful history. In St George's at noon time they have an re-enactment of a town dunking. There is just too much to list.

Closed Thread

Tags
bermuda, bus, caribbean, cruise, explorer, forum, free, hamilton, hoponoff, jersey, kings, review, reviews, royal, seas, things, warf