Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
i guess there going to lose out on $4000 now of us,
They won't be out anything. That cabin will be filled with another customer. But you will be out the deposit...which they will also have. I didn't realize you had booked through the British side of the house.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:33 AM

If I were in the same situation, I'd call customer service and try to work something out. Because they changed the itinerary, may be enough reason to get the down payment back. Another possibility would be to keep the same booking number and select another cruise. I've done that more than once. If that is an option, you'll have to pay the difference is the cruise costs more, and if the cruise is less, you wouldn't get any credit back. There's no way I'd let them keep my money, even if it meant missing a port.

Sonny
Old 02-21-2008, 06:22 AM

Sonny is right on this one. Especially if they realize you've booked other cruises with them. I'm sure they'd let you switch your booking to a different cruise. They don't want unhappy customers and they're not out to get you. Please ask them nicely to speak to someone who might be a supervisor or a manager. If it is your travel agent stating this, please see if you can talk to their supervisor or call Royal directly. I'm sure they would be willing to work with you. Sonny is right, don't lose your money, change your cruise, do something else, but don't just throw your money away.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Another way of putting this situation is "I'll show them. I'll let them keep my money and rebook my room to another customer". Don't do that.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 AM

RCI and other cruise lines have be canceling ports and shorting stops so they can cruise slower and save fuel. This is on top of the fuel surcharge.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:22 AM
I can understand his point and also I know that is a fact they can change your itinerary is a legal thing and they have it written on your reservation in small letters...
I was not going to post in this topic because I know they can do it but what I a really interested is more ike a question:

I am book for next summer on Cruise, one of the main reason to take this cruise, was the new itinerary (change "La Romana")
If they, for example, change it back to La Romana, and I am already on my three months before my cruise

Will they still charge my even if they are the ones that change it or Do they will give me the oportunity for a change in my vacations??
Will I lose my deposit if I decide to cancel it?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 AM

When they drop a major port prior to your sailing they often give a window of time for cancellations or changing ships without the normal penalty. All the lines do it and as Dave points out it's not always by choice. Call them/you T/A before you make any drastic decisions and see what, if anything they're offering as sollutions. If you write off RCCL for future cruises because of a changed itinerary be prepared to change lines frequently as it happens to you in the future with your new cruiseline of choice. I get hundreds of emails a year about notifying client of itin changes from all the lines.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Sonny is right on this one.
Well, it's good to know I got one right ... .

Sonny
Old 02-21-2008, 11:55 AM

Old 02-21-2008, 01:53 PM
If your cruise isn't until April 2009 there may be more changes before then. Don't just skip the cruise because of some port changes. For example, as nice as Lisbon is, Madeira is gorgeous and not as accessible so a stop there is a bonus.

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
cancel, cruise, deposit, lose, rccl